Does Death & Aging Frighten You?

by Guest 77 53 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

sm62 & Ti!!! you ask about my faith. Well Here it is. I look around & see the beautiful things the Creator made flowers, trees, birds, the way to procreate... There HAS to be one who made it...Then I wanted to serve this God!!! I thought I was as a JW...Then after years of knocking on doors & putting on a happy, smiley face to convince folks I was in a HAPPY religion I was kicked out of the Ark....Devastated!!!!! Then I met some Christians who didnt push their beliefs on me... But they had been where i had been, done what I had done... And just said "I have a personal relationship with the Creator" YeP I thought bunch of nuts these are- they dont even know whats in the Bible ( I knew it all) But after spending 4 days with all theses weird persons ( AT PA) I figured what do I have to loose to say the stupid prayer they had suggested.So I just said " I dont know if your REALLY there- but if you are! I am asking you LORD JESUS ,to come into my Life & be MY LORD & Savior....I am desperate...."". WELL Let me tell you that was in 1989 I can honestly say even though life sucks sometimes for everyone- I do have peace. I find amazingly he helps me ,I just call out to Him & I am shocked at how I get HIS help - All my prayers are not answered, ( I want my kids out of the WT) But he leads,guides,me Sorry it is so long ((((HUGS))

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Sometimes I wish I were dead right now. Being in constant pain, always regretting the horrible childhood I had, thinking that if i was raised by "wordly" parents that I may have not made the same mistakes I made upon leaving Bethel, maybe I would have went to college and have had a real succesful career instead of the lousy dead end job I have.

Sometimes I take so many pills and drink alchol with them that I really hope I dont wake up anymore. Im not trying to bum any of you all out, but its the truth. Maybe the only reason I dont commit suicide because I would have to kill my wife first, she would go crazy, then I would have to kill my parents, they are JW's and they would blame Satan, it would be bloodbath!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

No, absolutely not.....though....some aspects of living frighten the hell outta me!

Frannie B

• Soledad
    Soledad

no and no. I believe in an afterlife.

• shera
    shera

Not anymore,used to.I accept it as a part of life.

I just "try" to take care of myself as much as possible.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I only fear death b/c i will be leaving all those i love. Also, i fear a painful death. And as far as i know, the Bible says people just "sleep" in death. I know none of my relatives have ever came back to visit me. I would think if they could they would.

Aging, well yes as a woman, i do fear it a bit. It is easier for a man to age. Gray hair and wrinkles are somewhat ok. Not so for a woman. Women are not still sex symbols in their 60-70 . Men still are. (and they don't get cosmetic surgery the way women feel compelled to do)

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, a painful death is something that I would like to avoid.

Aging, well, that is something none of us can avoid. I dye my hair but other than that....

'Tis not that Dying hurts us so --
    'Tis Living -- hurts us more --
    But Dying -- is a different way --
    A Kind behind the Door --

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Sometimes I take so many pills and drink alchol with them that I really hope I dont wake up anymore. Im not trying to bum any of you all out, but its the truth. Maybe the only reason I dont commit suicide because I would have to kill my wife first, she would go crazy, then I would have to kill my parents, they are JW's and they would blame Satan, it would be bloodbath!

forty...your post is sad. I wish I had advice, but I've been where you are. I stay here because of my kids. I love them too much to do that to them.

Aging, well yes as a woman, i do fear it a bit. It is easier for a man to age. Gray hair and wrinkles are somewhat ok. Not so for a woman. Women are not still sex symbols in their 60-70 . Men still are. (and they don't get cosmetic surgery the way women feel compelled to do)

wednesday..I agree. Sean Connery is still a sex symbol. As are many other actors. Clint Eastwood. Robert Redford, Gene Simmons, even (God-forbid)--Mick Jagger, etc. Whereas I can only think of two or three women who are still considered sexy over 50. Cher and Tina Turner. And when Cher is written about, it's about how many plastic surgeries she's had.

• copsec
    copsec

Good question. I really have no fear of death itself. I just fear dying in pain. I DO NOT like pain of any kind. Hopefully I will die like both parents and just drop dead of a heart attack. Although shocking for us kids, we were grateful our parents never had to suffer or linger in pain.

Aging?? Well, let's just say that I never realized that I was a vain person until I hit 35. Now I am 37 and I HATE aging! It sucks!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Thanks for all your replies. Mouthy I get your drift. SM62, as to why I have welcomed death many times? Well, I've made that comment on my migraine post for a good reason. Death was better than having my migraines. Other than that, I take life in stride and I've learned to be content even with the aches and pains. I've learned to roll with the punches. It doesn't do me any good complaining. Personally, I don't want to be a burden on others, dying in your sleep is a good way to go. I'm a good sleeper, so I won't notice the difference.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit