Would human settlement of Mars invalidate Bible prophecy?

by truthseeker 61 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I don't think this topic has been discussed before but yesterday I read something to the effect that Trump wants a human mission to Mars to be completed within his presidency.

With that being said, the Watchtower teaches that what started on Earth ends on Earth, in other words, the Fall of Adam and Eve would end with the passing of the 1,000 year Millennial Reign when Christ destroys all his enemies, rebellious "perfect" humans, and the Devil and his demons who are let out the abyss for a short while. He then hands the Kingdom back to his Father.

An elder in my old congregation once told us during a public talk that he was an ardent astronomer but then referenced the scripture where it says, "The Earth he has given to the sons of men" (Psalms 115:16). He told us that man was breaking God's laws by leaving the Earth that Jehovah had given to humans and landing on the moon.

Acts 17:26 says "He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation."

My point is, that with all of Biblical prophecy focused on this planet, Earth, (people living at that time of writing had no idea the Earth was even a sphere), what would become of Bible prophecy once man really does land on Mars and establish a colony?

Truthseeker

• Spiral
    Spiral

That's a good question! The Bible does seem to be written on the assumption that man would always be on the earth; or more specifically, the earth is all there is for humans. So how would people who believe strictly in the Bible's world view take it if mankind expanded into space? Hmmmmm

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

We could all look forward to a "new understanding"! :)

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

and if that doesn't invalidate Bible prophecy, once the Sun runs out of fuel to burn, it will certain $hit all over that prophecy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Bible prophecy is fictional mythology, therefore it has no relevance to anything in these modern times toward humanity now, other than its historical reference.

Of course certain religious charlatans like the (WTS.) would express a different opinion about that.

Therefore those supposed prophecies were only to create power and relevance to a specific god which those particular people worshiped and pretty much " had " to believe in.

By the way I think the 600 billion it would cost to send a manned space mission to mars is redundant and pointless, that money could be better spent on fixing the problems here on earth.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TRUTHSEEKER:

I don't know about it invalidating bible prophecy but I eagerly watch shows about the rover. There are some strange things on Mars and I wonder if it once had an intelligent civilization.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Everything NASA does invalidates Bible prophecy.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I long for the day extra terrestrials arrive and tell us that worship of a supreme being has been redundant in advanced civilizations for millenia.😋

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Would human settlement of Mars invalidate Bible prophecy?

An elder in my old congregation once told us during a public talk that he was an ardent astronomer

He told us that man was breaking God's laws by leaving the Earth that Jehovah had given to humans and landing on the moon.

One more JW, who has no idea how the WBT$ operates..

The WBT$ would claim the WBT$/JW`s were the 1st ones on Mars..

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d2/e8/82/d2e882a499c4eee1cf9ba1a8fd17e2a6.jpg

• waton
    waton

ask the astronauts how it feels to be above and free from Satan's control, Armstrong and co were already above it all.

feel sorry for the crews that go, to live in those ugly machines. stressed and deprived of beauty there, genetically altered, life shortened.

I thought the Apollo program violated bible teachings (keep rebels & co confined on the Earth). The seal is already broken. countdown to lift-off, even one way missions.

An Awake sentence /article once said that we would possibly seed the universe, 60s.( damn the bible) or find a text to twist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit