The Real Reason so many rich white men got out of service

by SixofNine 68 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well Dak ... just read you back ... ok (we should have let the French What !!! hum ???, now you didn't say what ??? hum ???)

And As known fund of pension is war speculation not a du to me ! (a sick advantage !)

AS well AS YOU CAN SEE I DON'T FEEL THAT WE OWE THE US A DAMN THING ! ok
    AND OF COURSE WE ARE FREE ... do you feel like America should lead us ??? You think the US deverses THAT ? please get back on something reasonable ... US's GOV IS FAR FROM BEING GOD !!! Geezzzz

SADAM is A SISSY ... and one of your ex employee (sort of anyway in fact), who cheated on his fellows (now you know why some people in your country really don't like that guy !) ... and he was as weak as things showed he was !!! OK simple ... don't make me laught with, we may never know (propaganda - remember)... (what about the US hum ??? what do you know finally ?) so please you ain't gonna change my mind and I don't feel like you are really aware ... I'm sorry !

HITLER never was an employee of whoever. And you know you can be STRONG - SMART and STUPID at the same time - most of the time when you have too much confidence ... LOL ... TRULY ... you know THE BIG HEAD (you feel like nothing can stop you ...) to take a previous examples : spreading riddle everywhere to let us know that you are cheating on us (they don't even feel that they can get caught ... and it seems that for now, they still feel not stupid and go further ... so who is what ?)

ENOUGH ! time for hollidays ... We ain't go knowhere obsiouly ... I don't feel to share my book with you ... again you'll see for yourself ...

When I'm reading you ... US is the SAVIOR ... Well I know it is not ... you are talking about YOUR peoples death only, I'am talking about everybody's DEATH in this WORLD (because of war and profit) ... I DO NOT ENQUIRE WITH THE SAME QUESTIONS and with the riddles which talks and not the information they give us. MY CHOICE / YOUR CHOICE

Understand by that : that WE DO NOT HAVE THE SAME INTEREST ... DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY I DON'T FEEL that you can be OBJECTIVE !!! Hum, can you ??? ... I don't care about the US ONLY (like you seems to) I care about THE WORLD ... so of course we won't have the same point of view FOR SURE !!!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Well,

We've gotten away from the real point of this thread...which is to debunk the absolute MYTH that rich white men didn't serve in Vietnam...they served in proportion to their population in the US.

French, you said,

and please do not confused HITLER with SADDAM ... BIG DIFFERENCE HERE

Really...can you point out those "BIG" differences...aside from the obvious...Hitler was German...Saddam Arab...The French oppossed Hitler supported Saddam...what are the other differences????

Hitler was a little better organized than Saddam...other than that...I'm not seeing much difference.

I recommend you speak with the families of the Iranians who died fighting Saddam about this...or the Kuwaitis...to include the families of the 600 still missing Kuwaitis. Ask the more than 5000 he had gassed in their own villages (oh...you can't they are dead). Maybe you should ask the 100's of thousands thus far found in the mass graves (nope...can't ask them...they're dead) ask their families (well...in many cases the whole family is in that mass grave...oh well)

Ask the countless thousands that have been mutilated...tortured...humiliated....what they think of Saddam as compared to Hitler.

I'm sorry that war doesn't fit into you pretty little world view....perhaps if the world would begin to stand up to evil and tyranny...these idiots would begin to respect Sanctions....but as long as milly mouthed worms like Kofi Anan run the UN and don't have the courage of his convictions...no one will take the UN seriously when it imposes sanctions.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

With all my respect YERU,
    I'm not gonna answer your question about the difference between Saddam and Bush Ooops I mean Hitler (A BIT TO OBVIOUS TO ME - AS SAID BEFORE )

and I'm tired people talking about the details when the bases are obvious ! that bother me because what I see in that is looks like EGOCENTRISME and SELF PROTECTION (you like the details don't you ? they help you to feel better in staying on your position !!!)

and when you are YELLING I AM the savior (to me it is forgeting your so marvellous gov's had a big part to do in the mess and the troubles and that you gave your support to their strategy of war) ... You don't answer some of my points YERU ... and they are related to ...

I don't even see the utility to talk about that with you ... I know who are giving you your information / and I understand and know why you believe ... So .... to me you are not a reliable source of information in lots of matter ... I'm sorry

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

FBF, obviously you missed where I said I want nothing from France or feel France owes us anything. Of course, it would have been appreciated for them to not have run interference in ousting Saddam. But, with the billions of dollars of contracts they had with Saddam and so many French weapons in Saddam's hands, I guess it's understandable why they wanted Saddam to remain in power.

You obviously are very proud of your country, I applaud you for that. I wish more people had pride in their countries and that Ameridcans who take pride in theirs weren't so looked down upon.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Dakota : You obviously are very proud of your country. I applaud you for that. I wish more people had pride in their countries and that Ameridcans who take pride in theirs weren't so looked down upon.

I'm sorry .... Dakota to dissapointing you, but I'm not proud of my country ... I'm proud of those (unknown) who really bring something to this world and most are dying or are exploited and you and me are include ... so it is not about countries ideologies or business but more about about my people and when I'm talking about my people here everyone is included ... What is France, what is the US compared to THE WORLD ... !!!

I see from where you stand and from where you see ... and it is the only reason why we disagree ... but again time will tell, just keep your eyes open ...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Sweet thing....

You keep talking about people being exploited...yet I've seen no examples of this. The myth that I took apart in this thread concerning the rich supposedly not fighting in Vietnam is just one example of the exploitation that doesn't occur.

Sure...there are people in the world who really are exploited...little kids being forced to work in factories...things like that....but I have a hard time pointing to an exploited class in the world.

Who are these people...HOW are they exploited..and by WHOM???

Love ya sweet thing...Merry Christmas

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Merry Christmas YERU !!!Hope you enjoyed you christmas eve with your kids !!!

You are too sweet with me YERU, what can I say ... ? Well this post talk also about it ...
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/63902/1.ashx
    and a few other postes does

PEACE AND LOVE YERU

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    The myth that I took apart in this thread

LOL Yeru, methinks you've patted yourself on the back a little too high and a little too hard .

I knew the stuff you posted didn't ring true, but I didn't know exactly why of course. My "gut" told me different, but I wasn't born till '63, so I wasn't thinking much about socio-economics in '68. I knew it wasn't likely you'd pulled those so-called "facts" about vietnam out of thin air, but I also knew it was likely that someone had indeed pulled those "facts" out of their ass. A quick look at some of the various web-sites those "facts" are posted at confirmed that these were indeed the "pull-it-out-of-your-ass-and-publish-it-as-fact" type sites that internet dog waggers love to love.

One or two such "facts" were actually source credited as coming from a speech given by Westmoreland to a group of veterans. Nice.

Then I found the following article, written by someone uniquely qualified to comment on this myth within a myth. It's long, but well worth the read for anyone genuinly interested in the subject. As it turns out, I probably should have just said "rich" men, as the number of blacks can be and has been counted (there were at some points, an over-representation of black casualties, but by the end of the war, it had evened out). OTH, to say "rich" as a class of young American men back then, is also to label a class of primarily "white" men, there simply was no measurable group of rich or privileged or ivy league schooled black men.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

very interesting ...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Six,

This Fallows fellow presents no proof whatsoever that it was a "class" war...at least MIT has attempted to make a scientific study as oppossed to using anecdotal evidence.

Fallows had a vested interest in showing the MIT study to be wrong...but was unable to do so. His vested interest...other than the fact that it dismissed his article as poppycock...was to assage his own concious because Fallows was a draft dodger who did use college deferment.

Unless you can present a scientific study from a group as prominent as MIT...your myth is debunked and you full of sh*t just as is James Fallows the draft dodger who feels guilty.

Six, it's easy to debunk fallows right away. Fallows article in 1975 stated that if parents of kids from Belmont, MASS, Chevy Chase, Maryland, and Great Neck NY had served that the war would have been "far different". It turns out that that the percapita death rate in these affluent communities was HIGHER than the country as a whole...how does Fallows account for that?

All Fallows did was take his guilty politics and left leaning politics and attempt to make himself feel better. His ascertations do not stand in the face of science....like I said...when a group of SCIENTISTS as prominent as the group at MIT conduct a SCIENTIFIC study...that supports Fallows...let me know.

Two more quick notes...

Fallow seems to focus...quite narrowly...on draftees...not on volunteers. It's been shown already that only 1/3rd of those who served in Vietnam were draftees...the rest were volunteers.

Secondly...all this anecdotal evidence is "great" it should be remembered that it is anecdotal evidence which "proved" the sun goes round the earth. Further...anecdotal evidence "proved" that a pile of rags stuck in a corner would generate mice where none existed before.

God knows the folks at MIT are rank amatuers at numbers and statistics...they can't be trusted...right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit