The Real Reason so many rich white men got out of service

by SixofNine 68 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

six,

dont you have a headache yet?...lots of head banging going on...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Six,

A response to the facts I presented would be cool.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Hum ... should I answer or not ? ... I still wonder ... I may give you my own story about the facts ... Do you really want it ?
    Yeru, I didn't congrats you on the other poste ... because I don't feel like to congrats you for that ! ... I'm sorry ... (but you'll get enough people to be happy about that) and that doesn't mean (at all) I don't love you ... But when it's time to follow about something important ... I need to watch every details ! and those subjects are quiet sensitive to me

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

SixofNine, I get a kick out of you.

Yes, I get the drift of your nuances.

Nuances, really, they are not.

No more banging your head against the wall. OK...here's a pillow, carry on.

Packaging of the thread, can leave a lot to be desired.

Sometimes the wrapping is what people see, but not the gift or item inside.

Cold compresses await.

Oh yeah, 6 of 9: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2004, btw!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Geesh

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I agree with Yerusalem, there were many of the higher economic class than thought in Vietham. My platoon segeant had been a electrical engineer. My squad leader was 25 and a graduagte of Colorado University, and yes neither of them made it home. As far as a disproportionate numb er of minorities being in most companies and platioons i served with the minorities were just that, minorities. Most in the company were middle class, and several like myself were volunteers. in my platoon alone we had 16 volunteers not draftees. Maybe that doesn't say a hell of a lot for our brain capacitiy. but that is how it was.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Buffalo,

Thanks for your comments...and you're correct...66% of those that served IN Vietnam were volunteers...only 33% were draftees.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ok lets say it this way

The question here is about the choice ! who had it or not ? and why ? And now when you qualified rich my question is still which one ? The guy with the SLK MERCEDES and a 300 k$ annual salary + 350 k$ home and a 500 k$ business ? ... to me he is not included in the rich people (you need way more than that to be considared as rich. When I'm talking about rich people I'm talking about true Millionnaires and billionnaires (THOSE GUY'S HAVE THE CHOICE)

I don't know this specific case you are talking about

but what I do remember is one of my oncle knowing that I need a job a bit to young before 16 but emancipate and no grade, propose me to get in the army (that was my first contact since a long time ... LOL ... And I'm a woman, and he knew I was JW) ... He told me that it was easy to get in, and you'll get education ... You just have to obbey

You just have to obbey ... WELL THAT WAS THE WORDS THAT REALLY GOT ME THINKING. (EDUCATION and having to OBBEY doesn't match together not by the same SCHOOL if you see what I mean)

How about those who are not jw and who dont care working for the army and feel safe being educated and having to obbey to the same ENTITY ? ... Sorry I NEED TO BE FREE MINDED

Both of my grand Parents died because of WW2 ... they came back ... we know why they died (because of the gazes) ... are they in the statitics ? NO !!!

(to be precise : both were mixed I mean NOT WHITE) one of it was really poor (14 kids) and the other one was really rich (14 kids either still rich just imagine ! and 1/3 of the familly is still considerade as rich today ... not that rich anyway). They never heard about the military opérations that my grand fathers get into NEVER ... AND THEY REALLY FELT LUCKY TO COME BACK ...(a few did on WW2 - to die a few years later) They send them to places that they wouldn't never send their own people.

By the way, my people had no choice (they were not white enough and not rich enough)

SO my point here is NO CHOICE ... AND I DON'T BELIEVE THE GOV'S OR MILITARY STATISTICS ... We only begin to get some information about what they used them for. I knew already so I'm not interested in what they saying ... but I'm aware about that just mean that they hide too many things ...

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Okay, FBB - while I respect the French military history, especially during world war 2 (not being sarcastic, it must be rough having Germany as a next door neighbor), I must point out that what we are talking about is Vietnam. That's the original point of this thread - and while Vietnam was originally a French colony beset by the Communist revolutions - the draft to fight it was in America. Plus, the title of the thread is directly opposed to anyone who has an XY chromosome delivered via the Caucasian mountains that also has green paper and yellow metal.

As a white man who thinks it might be nice to be rich someday, I must state that a certain bias is present in the title. As though rich white men were inherently extra corrupt - inherently the bad guys no matter what. Although the thread has already debunked the idea that others fought Vietnam for us, instead of alongside us, there is a certain hatred of successful white men that goes beyond rationality and the facts. Certain people just like to blame us for everything that white people from other countries did three hundred years ago right up until the present.

What I am talking about is the American white male. Yes, our ancestors did some horrible things. Yes, we sit atop a mountain of wealth. No, equality is still a fair distance away. But to paint all of us as being draft-dodging, callous, oil grubbing bastards is just as racist and sexist as anything I've ever heard of.

Not that sexism or racist humor bother me particularly, I just think that liberal conventions of what constitutes unacceptable beliefs and behavior are being used against a certain party for political purposes. which is an acceptable political tactic, but that's all it is, a tactic - not a standard of truth.

CZAR

• gumby
    gumby
    there was literally no room for patriotic folks like himself.

Patriotic folks........you know.....the kind of man who would kill others for his country when he hasn't got a friggin clue as to WHY he's asked to go kill people, but he will anyways? I wonder HOW MANY soldiers knew WHY they were fighting.......in ANY war.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit