Explain Your Avatar

by new boy 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

This was my avatar before I changed it to the one I have now. The one I have now was taken Dec 2017 at my son's Christmas wedding. Both my husband and I walked away from the Watchtower at the same time in 2001, thus the number after my username. We left before the Watchtower was able to damage my own children. Now to the rose, back when I first became a member on this forum, I went by the name Irish Rose. I picked that name because of part of my stubborn Irish heritage, and I mean that in a good way. Stubborn to my personal values. I only changed my account information because when I moved to a different location, I lost all my old login information.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Explain your avatar..."

At this point, do I really need to? :smirk:

• cha ching
    cha ching

haha! Me? Well, this cute little avatar was given me by chance, but I love it... It's me! My hair is a lot like this little pic, spikey and wild. I am 'springy' and unpredictable. I have my hand raised in protest, but am quirky. I am one of a kind and 'me.'..... So, I kept my avatar.

cha ching? When I realized the WT was just a money making org, I said "cha ching, cha ching, you ain't gettin' no more of my bling" and cashed out!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

LuHe I found it sweet the way you described your Avatar for us :-)) It's the only site avatar I recognize now ( except truth_b_known)

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Truman leaving his artificial world.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Mickey, i never put that together, that your avi was that seen from truman, but its a brilliant choice

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEW BOY:

I decided to use a picture of a cameo my Mom bought me on a trip to Italy.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

I guess when I picked my username I went with a long one that wouldn't have been taken. I was really into the BBC's (2010) Sherlock at the time and the avatar is his silhouette, deerstalker hat and all. It's a nice online disguise if there is such a thing as an online disguise – I was trying to be an anonymous apostate online. It seems to have worked because I have been left alone by congregation elders and I haven't shared many personal details online, to boot. The detective part was very much because Holmes applies lots of observation and logic to his investigations, and that was what I felt was needed to get out of the maze that is the WT fairy tale belief system. Like others I feel I have outgrown my avatar, but there it is. I still research and investigate, and would still rather be anonymous.

• Stuck in the middle37
    Stuck in the middle37

I'm a Indian been one all my life. The coin has the year I was born.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit