Explain Your Avatar

by new boy 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

The photo is of my shi tzu poodle named Emma at the helm. She won third-place honorable mention in a salty dog photo contest by Soundings magazine. She has been sailing with us for over 10 years now.

One of my lightbulb moments was during our yearly anniversary sail charter. I wondered what my life would be like living in shorts and bare feet with the wind in my hair without meetings, dresses, heels, magazines, books or a Bible. I sailed away from the org in 2011. I still don't own a dress. Just sayin!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The Thinker: Represents a man thinking facing a serious dilemma.

This was obviously my case when I was in, contemplating leaving the cult. Now that I have left, I can't help but meditate on how we, as a society, can help those who are trapped in; especially the children that were somewhat forced into it.

• AnonVet
    AnonVet

Mine is the logo used on "The Path", the Hulu TV series about Meyerism, the cult I felt resembled my former life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Path_(TV_series)

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

M8ne is just whatever they gave me here. It does fit still totally ADD though. Still Totally ADD

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i bought the car registration to go on my car a few years ago. the car is long gone--but i still have the registration--on retention ( this is in Great Britain )

my username is simply satan the devil re-arranged.

• blondie
    blondie

Blondie--group Blondie--lead singer, Debbie Harry (her pic)

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

My profile pic is a sheep in wolf's clothing, just a quick doodle drawn on my phone screen.

This is what I and many PIMOs feel like, forced to be in a situation where we are pressured to do damaging things like enforce shunning, uphold an abusive organization and defend it against all reason, and preach dangerous doctrine to the public. Yet we try not to be used as tools to the extent we can manage, try not to do any more harm than we already did when mentally in, and attempt to redress from within to a degree.

• Biahi
    Biahi

My avatar is just what they gave me here. My name, Biahi, stands for Born in, always hated it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Lake Como, Italy, on the first holiday I took on my own because I needed to get out there and start living

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

My avatar is the sign for german "Autobahn" (highway or freeway).

I'm a german "petrolhead" (as the UK people say) and love to drive fast cars.

No longer driving mad cars with JWs into fieldservice -

now driving the "free way".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit