Anyone seen Return of the King yet??

by Gretchen956 33 Replies latest jw friends

• luna
    luna

I don't care what you all say....i'm ALL about Aragorn. Legolas is pretty, but Aragorn is just.....sexy.

Anyhow, saw it last night. SO GOOD!! Better than the First 2, and that is saying a LOT.

They did an awesome job. I didn't want it to end, either. I wish they'd shown a little more at the end. (i.e. Eowyn and Faramir).

AWESOME!!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I saw it last night in a large Stadium theatre, it was better than the first two parts for sure, though I enjoyed them all. This one is a MUST SEE. The ending was a little cheesy but not unexpected, but that's the storybook style. :-))

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Hubbie and I are going this weekend. I take it that there is no intermission??? (Well...there was one in God's and Generals...and for that movie we had hoped that the intermission was actually the END of the movie...hahaha!) Too bad...won't be able to get the super sized coke with my popcorn. OR...I could just wear a Depends since it runs so long. I hope that Peter Jackson does the Hobbit. He's talked about it. I hope that this year Lord of the Rings finally gets recognized at the Academy Awards and Jackson SHOULD win Best Director and Best Picture, etc. Though I do have to say there is some competition out there with The Last Samurai, The Missing and some other good ones coming up this month.

Man oh man...I wish it was Saturday ALREADY!!! Cathy L .

• shera
    shera

I should be going tonite...whoohoo!

• ChimChim
    ChimChim
    I should be going tonite

should????? WE ARE!!!! yessss

C.C

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    hope that Peter Jackson does the Hobbit. He's talked about it.

I couldn't agree with you more. From what I saw with one of the interveiws with him, he wants to, just waiting for the movie company to give him the thumbs up. He would like to use some of the original characters. I hope he gets the green light.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Legolas...yes he is a hottie!

isnt that orlando bloom playing Legolas? he is some much hotter as an elf than a pirate

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    hope that Peter Jackson does the Hobbit. He's talked about it.
    I couldn't agree with you more. From what I saw with one of the interveiws with him, he wants to, just waiting for the movie company to give him the thumbs up. He would like to use some of the original characters. I hope he gets the green light.

Saints preserve us! Heaven forbid that he's let loose on my favourite Tolkien work!

A mate of mine and I who saw his last idiotic attempt at bringing Prof. T's vision to the big screen (The Two Towers) were speculating what The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe would be like if Jackson got his claws into it. Here's a question I posted to a Tolkien newsgroup based on that conversation:

If Narnia Gets The Peter Jackson Treatment...
    ...will there be a love triangle involving the White Witch, King Peter and
    Mrs Beaver? Will there be a siege of Cair Paravel? Will Prince Caspian
    arrive with an army just in time to relieve the siege? Will Mr Tumnus lead a
    band which stops King Peter on his way to the Stone Table and tries to take
    his sword for their own ends? The mind boggles!

(Speaking of which, has Logical been around any time recently? )

• Gordy
    Gordy

I went on the day of its release here in Britain, 17th.Dec.

I went at 11am on my own, then I took 3 of my children (24, 16, 13) in the evening at 7pm.

I've been at LOTR fan since I first read it when I was 15, probably read it about 40 times since then.

Peter Jackson has done great in portraying the story and the characters. Yes he had to cut a few things out. I think if he had followed the story faithfully he would be making LOTR part 20, some time in the future

But the basic essence of thestory he has kept and done a good job of it.

Probably be going to see it again and again and again etc.

Can't wait for the DVD now.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ahh, my precious..................Kinda reminds me of my last P/ O , just as tricksy

Nb The actor behind the computer generated image deserves an oscar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit