Anyone seen Return of the King yet??

by Gretchen956 33 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I just saw it yesterday...loooooong movie that's for sure...just slap on some Depends and enjoy the movie.

• reboot
    reboot

alt I'm going on Sunday- I love getting lost in the books and the films-I shall pop on a pair of anti- DVT stockings and enjoy myself staring at Viggo for 3 hours...

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

mmmmmm, I agree...Viggo needs a spanking....

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Cheeses, Kink of the Juice? Where DID he go anyway?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

For anyone interested in the soundtrack, here's a picture:

• Angharad
    Angharad

Aragorn hmmmmmmm

Legolas is very cute too though

We will hopefully be goingto see it the weekend after Christmas, when we have a babysitter

• Sassy
    Sassy

There was a thread started on this on December 4th.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/62934/1.ashx

and then I had started one (since I forgot about the first one) on Dec 11th.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/63252/970082/post.ashx

We were at the first show.. BOY was I tired that next day!!

AWESOME movie..

already thinking about missing pieces you just know they cut out to save for the extended version release!

~~Sassy~~(sns)

• Sargon
    Sargon

One of our local cinemas had a LOTR marathon! They started at 1:30 pm with the extended version of the Fellowship, then the extended version of the Two Towers, finally The Return of the King. We didn't get out until 1:30 am. What a blast!! It was hell though on an old smoker like me, an unforgettable expeience!!!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I have tickets for the 27th matinee at the Cinerama in Seattle!!!!!!!!! The only place to see it around here, its like having a football field size screen and it puts you right in the middle of it, the sound is awesome, never been to a better theater for that. I can't wait!

The shows there were sold out until that one, but I think the wait will be worth it to see it played there. I would love to go to one where they showed all three in a row. Talk about sensory overload!

Gretch

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Now this is just too funny not to pass along, someone just sent it to me:

For those of you planning on seeing the third LOTR movie at the theater her are some survival tips.

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

3. At some point during the movie, stand up and shout: "I must go! Middle Earth needs me!" and run and try to jump into the screen. After bouncing off, return quietly to your seat.

4. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."

5. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

6. Ask the nearest ring-nut if he thinks Gandalf went to Hogwarts

7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

8. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

9. At the end, complain that Gollum was offensive to Ethiopians.

10. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

11. When Shelob appears, pinch the guy in front of you on the back of the neck.

12. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.

13. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

14. Ask people around you who they think is the next "Terminator" sent from the Middle Earth of the future to assassinate Frodo Baggins.

15. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

16. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

17. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"

18. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

19. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

20. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit