Anyone seen Return of the King yet??

by Gretchen956 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I am chomping at the bit to go to see RotK!! Anyone seen it yet? You won't be giving anything away, because I believe I have read the series upwards of 20 or more times over the years, but how was it? Thoughts?

I actually read the whole series, starting with the Hobbit and continuing on with the Trilogy out loud to my ex-husband and later to my son growing up. My ex loved it but just wasn't a reader. My son loved it and has read it many times since. So far with the first two movies I am really impressed, so I'm anxious to see the last one.

Gretchen

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I saw it today. It was awesome. They kind of departed from the storyline, but not very much, and the battles are phenomenal. I mean, really phenomenal.

The cuts are kind of obvious, and it runs long, but I can't wait for the extended version.

Eowyn kicks arse, the Witch-king is fierce as hell, Aragorn looks so fine I almost switched teams right there in the theater, and the hobbits kick some serious orc.

Shelob is so gross and scary, and even my wife was saying, I wish this movie wasn't so good because I have to pee.

CZAR

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

OMG!! I can't WAIT! I have the first 2 on DVD and I think I'll hold out for the director's cut for this last one, the outtakes should be just as awesome as the movie. This casting was amazing on this movie and the special effects, well there just aren't enough words! My brother is getting us tickets to the Cinerama in Seattle, HUGE screen, awesome sound. I doubt we can get in until at least the first week of January though, the lines are still into next week.

Gretch

• Odrade
    Odrade

Went today. Incredible. Eowyn rocks!!!

O

• luna
    luna

wanna see it wanna see it wanna see it!!

It's already 7:30 pm here, but hoping to go to a 9 or 10 o'clock show. Yeah, I won't get out til about 2, and I have to work tomorrow at 8(ish)...(translation, a little after 9)....but, I think it would be worth it. I LOVE these movies! I love the books, but the movies came out SO well....and Aragorn....sigh....Aragorn. I'm with you Czar! I don't blame you for wanting to switch teams. He is.....words cannot even express. Haha.

Can't wait to see how the Eowyn bit tranfers to screen, and the witch King.......And Shelob, but MAN i hate spiders.....

Luna

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

beeetch!!!

oh, now, you know I love you

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I took my 12 year old son to see it last night as he was chomping at the bit. We both agreed that this was the best one yet. And yes, Aragorn was fine, but Legolas....ahhhhhhh, Legolas; all the women in the theater clapped when he appeared onscreen

Dana

• think41self
    think41self

We saw it last night. Both myself and my two 17 year olds thought it was AWESOME!

I was so worried that I would be disappointed with the conclusion of the trilogy, but of all the books made into movies I've seen...I have to say they did the best job on this one. They didn't leave out any relevant details, the fight scenes were incredible, Gimli had several funny one line zingers, Aragorn is easy on the eyes...but I'm with Dana, LEGOLAS! He could "rescue" me any time.

Tracy

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I took my oldest three to the midnight showing of it. We watched the first two parts right before, then off to the movies. We all loved it so much. I am kind of sad that it was the end. I think eveyone should see this movie. Well, I think all three were great. I cannot wait until the extended version of this comes out. All 4 and 1/2 hrs. :)

• wednesday
    wednesday

our family(kids and all) made the first showing last night. Slhould have seen the line!! It was awesome. New Zealand is so beautiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit