Site Updates

by Simon 101 Replies latest forum announcements

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Simon, just wanted to mention that today some of the adverts on the forum are cutting right accross the middle of posts instead of at the top. Never had that before. I'm on chrome on iPad. No biggy, just didn't know if it was something to do with upgrades. Thanks for all your hard work.

• Simon
    Simon

Possibly, but I rolled the updates back so maybe not - it's always good to clear the cache / do a page refresh to be sure. It is possible as well that if you rotated the device after loading the page that the ads won't re-load until you navigate to a new page.

Heads up everyone. I _think_ I fixed the issue that was affecting Firefox / Edge / IE, caused by a bug in one of the libraries I use (I've submitted a patch to Google).

So I'm going to try rolling out the updates again but, because I was trying a few ways to fix it, I ended up making a few more updates. And by "a few" I mean "a lot". The whole system of loading the page and building the scripts has changed so:

THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE A FEW THINGS WILL BE BROKEN FOR A SHORT PERIOD!

Please be patient. I appreciate the feedback and bug reports but you don't need to tell me something is broken or post screenshots unless and until I announce that I think everything should be working and it still isn't for you.

I'll check things in Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge and IE (in that order) to make sure the main things are working and if there are issues I'll roll things back again.

But that takes time so, if you have any problems, check the latest status on this topic and then just wait a while, retry and wait a while longer. Refresh the page and see if it clears up.

• Simon
    Simon

OK, initial tire-kicking looks promising. Everything seems to be rendering and showing edit boxes etc... on all the major browsers. I'll checkout the mobile devices I can ...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So far, so good..

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, seems to all be working OK for me. So I'm declaring it "should be working 'cause it works on my machine" (that's an official IT term).

If you have any problems, let me know. I haven't tested all the secondary functionality like sending PMs yet but they are unlikely to be as problematic.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I tried to PM you.......It`s down for Firefox..

• Simon
    Simon

Ah, looks like sending a new PM works but replying doesn't show the box. I'll take a look.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks!..

Editing for posts is down at the moment as well..

Wack-a-Mole!......LOL!!!!!..

• blondie
    blondie

Can't send pms....says shut down. I knew I should have gotten some people's direct e-mails.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon..

Stepped out for a few minutes..

Got your pm but can`t reply..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit