Site Updates

by Simon 101 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Just a heads-up that I will be testing some updates this evening.

The nature of the changes means it's difficult to test every scenario in advance offline (translation: it's a lot more effort and I just can't be bothered) so I'm going to go with the "wing-it" approach:

Deploy, check for errors, try to fix errors before anyone else notices them.

I can switch between the new and old version pretty quickly so if there are significant issues, I'll rollback and revert the changes while I work on the fixes. Worse case is the pages won't display quite right (dates might be a giveaway) but a full page refresh should fix things.

http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

So, if something doesn't seem right or part of the site isn't working as expected, the best thing to do is just wait a few minutes and then refresh the page.

I'll post on this topic to keep you updated of progress, post here if you notice any issues that persist for longer than 10 minutes or so.

• Simon
    Simon

There are a couple of issues that I've come across, one todo with FireFox and the other with post editing.

So, not too bad, I'll press on and try to fix those issues in place.

BTW: What do people feel about the larger post body font-size? I prefer it but I'm biased ...

• nelim
    nelim

All comments are gone, empty.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I do not have a commentary box on either IE or Firefox but Chrome works fine.

• Simon
    Simon
    All comments are gone, empty.

OK, let me at least fix that ... the post content was hidden until it was processed which meant that any issue doing that (or even starting the processing code) would cause it not to show. Not the best default option.

They should show up now. Let me know if you can't read this ... oh.

• Simon
    Simon
    I do not have a commentary box on either IE or Firefox but Chrome works fine

Which versions of IE / FF?

• kairos
    kairos

thank you for managing this site.
    I know it helps former JWs in many ways.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I have no edit button on either IE or Chrome.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Still no comment box for Firefox

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Still no comment box for EI 11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit