Site Updates

by Simon 101 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon
    Could it be something else since 5 different browsers dont show an edit button ?

Yes, its unlikely to be the issue with the code itself, especially if you have used Chrome, it sounds like something blocking it somewhere, maybe some AV or adblock software or something.

It's working in all the browsers I've tested. The cache updating I just added should hopefully make everyone get the latest script versions that I know should work.

The only issue I can reproduce is the ad positioning on iOS devices.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Test EI 11 no ad block signed out and then resigned in

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nope no edit button

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Test Chrome cleared data sighed out then back in

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nope no edit button

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Test Firefox cleared cache no ad block

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nope no edit button

• stillin
    stillin

That ad positioning on iOS devices...I guess you know that there are still ads covering over posts, instead of going to the top of the page. On my iPad

• Simon
    Simon

Finkelstein - you are obviously seeing the 'reply' box so the scripts would appear to be loading and working. If you don't see the edit box it could be because your system is determining that the posts are > 30 minutes old ... which could be because your clock is wrong (?) so maybe check if that's the case.

If your clock is correct then I'll look at the logic being used, it's possible it's not taking timezones into account or something like that.

Yes, I still know about the ad overlapping on iOS, I haven't figured out why exactly but being able to reproduce something is the first step to fixing it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Aaargh...the Topic Preview has stopped working for me.

It is stuck on "full"

It won't go back to "none"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit