No-Blood Card No Longer Issued/Dated Annually

by AMNESIAN 60 Replies latest watchtower medical

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

What does the card for children say and look like?

Should they find their way into my home, they will accidentally get lost...

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

The card for children is a small white card the size of an ID card or credit card, and I believe it's titled "Identification Card."

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

What gets me is the pointlessness of children's id cards anyway! It can only give the parents' preferences and religious background. If a kid's been in an accident and and docs say it needs a blood transfusion, the parents can try to negotiate with the doc if they so wish, but if it is clear that a blood transfusion is the only way (and remembering that time is of the essence), they'd just put the child into Court custody and pump the stuff into it anyway!

Very interesting about the "allogeneic" 'misprint.' I always wondered what the mysterious withdrawal of the card was about.

Btw, it has come to my attention that, regarding this year's 'card signing ceremony,' it is 'business as usual' for the those in the UK - no using last year's, and to make sure the medical personnel know it's you, a small photo should be kept with the card. Can anyone from there confirm that?

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Btw, it has come to my attention that, regarding this year's 'card signing ceremony,' it is 'business as usual' for the those in the UK - no using last year's, and to make sure the medical personnel know it's you, a small photo should be kept with the card. Can anyone from there confirm that?

I was talking about this with my parents tonight, and they said that the PO had received a consignment of cards ready for everybody to sign their new ones in January.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    It can only give the parents' preferences and religious background.

Yes, but you know, if the parents didn't at least speak up and express their wishes, they'd be complicit in the sin.

A least the Watchtower has lightened up, and has agreed that parents should respect court orders. Does anyone remember the WT article praising the Witness couple who actually went on the run from the authorities so that their son wouldn't get a court-ordered blood transfusion?

• AlanB
    AlanB

This is all getting farcical...... Having read all the material here, I am unsure what would be allowed or not, how confused are the witnesses on this subject?

I suspsect that dug themselves into a hole some eyars back and cannot see the way out.

A

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

"A Big ship turns very slowly" Slowly the Blood transfuison doctrine has been fractionaly changing because of the titanic impact it has of the faith of jws.. One thing for sure is that the Society has put in motion change to may policies and doctrines.

It was never legally required to update the md card every year, but the soc did this to make sure that docs and courts could not use an expired date as a lophole for using blood as the 97 km implies.

Nowdays, the Jw's position on blood is well established legally and known by docs and courts and an expired date on a blood card cannot be used to justify forced blood.

More and more blood treatmnet is becoming a matter of personal decision . The unlinking of the Society's regulating blood in medicine has been put into action.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Pistoff,

This is not a change for the better; what it means is that they watch just as closely, but if you take blood they do not even meet with you; this means that they do not have to confront you with proof that you have actually taken blood, and there is NO room for discussion.

It could deteriate to that but the procedure instituted when the change was made required two bros to be assigned to investigate, including talk to the accused. It should be dealt with like a normal JC case requiring two witnesses or a confession.

The main reason for this change was the problem in Europe in the late 1990's where the European Union labeled the WT as a "cult", because of their blood policy involving children. The WT told them they did not sanction parents who allowed their children to receive needed blood transfusions. To try and make the official statement legit they forbid any further Disfellowshipping of parents who compromised. Instead they sent out instructions to handle it the same except call it 'by their actions they have disassociated themselves".

It took several years for the change to hit the US but, you are right, the purpose seems to be to cover themselves legally, a little two step dance to make it look like something it isn't.

Steve

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

just2laws wrote:

To try and make the official statement legit they forbid any further Disfellowshipping of parents who compromised. Instead they sent out instructions to handle it the same except call it 'by their actions they have disassociated themselves".

Yes; so now technically, legally but not actually, it is true that no sanction takes place. The reality is that sanctions do take place; a JC investigates, and an announcement is made, and the people are shunned. Hopefully, European courts will see through this farce and hold their feet to the fire. I have no such hopes for the US, where cosmically stupid things take place in the name of religion, and the constitution hides them.

• Joker10
    Joker10

The blood figures will continue to be part of their study during this time of the year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit