No-Blood Card No Longer Issued/Dated Annually

by AMNESIAN 60 Replies latest watchtower medical

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    The sooner the gb abandones this murderous policy, the better!

I agree, but don't hold your breath. A change like this will take a generation to abandon. If they just came out and changed it, their legal department would be swamped with new work.

So, they will need to slowly de-emphasize it. Then they will stop writing about it. In 10 or 20 years, they can begin to soften their stance, and once we all die of old age, they can claim it never happened - just like vaccinations.

Argh! Look what you have done to my font.

• Room 215
    Room 215

The annual card-signing ritual Oz refers to: talk about exerting peer pressure!

• little witch
    little witch

Sorry Running Man (tee hee hee)

You are probobly right. Hopefully the threat of legal problems, bad press, and public outrage will speed things up.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Well I remember clearly only a few years ago this was not the case. The scripture was something about blood being poured on the ground. It was even suggested that Dialysis was a matter of conscience as one could consider the machine as an extension of the circulatory system.

AlanB: That's exactly the point!! If non-allogeneic (autologous) tranfusions were to be allowed, it would have been a major change.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

the secretary should have available sufficient quantities of the cards for . . children, . .

I can't tell you all how much reading this pisses me off. What a crime!!!

Don't worry Gary. When I had my blood card, I only carried around for maybe 6 months (if that), then eliminated it from my wallet. I'm sure there are many more JW children who are like the way I was. If my memory is correct, I let mine go through the wash on purpose a couple of times.

BTW, where the hell is a child going to carry a stupid blood card constantly? I didn't get myself a wallet until I was in my teens.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    where the hell is a child going to carry a stupid blood card constantly?

I have heard of some parents laminating it to the zipper of their jacket or coat, kind of like a ski lift ticket. Usually, it is placed next to the "kick me" sign.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I too used to get this rotten item every year.I am surprised that they have got so lax about updating the cards, it was seen as so important that your statement was current. And they had to be carefully witnessed

I used to point out that the cards also gave the doctors consent to "Surgery as the doctors treating may in their professional opinion deem appropriate to maintain life", excluding blood of course

Even then I did not like the pressure to carry the card. It was officially voluntary , but no one dared admit that they did not want one.I still have my old card , signed on January 1998, so I suppose the text has changed by now.

the Society's statement on pre stored blood is here .( It used to be called autologous)

Watchtower 15.10.2000. p30 "Questions from readers"

Occasionally, a doctor will urge a patient to deposit his own blood weeks before surgery (preoperative autologous blood donation, or PAD) so that if the need arises, he could transfuse the patient with his own stored blood. However, such collecting, storing, and transfusing of blood directly contradicts what is said in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Blood is not to be stored; it is to be poured out?returned to God, as it were. Granted, the Mosaic Law is not in force now. Nevertheless, Jehovah?s Witnesses respect the principles God included in it, and they are determined to ?abstain from blood.? Hence, we do not donate blood, nor do we store for transfusion our blood that should be ?poured out.? That practice conflicts with God?s law.
  • Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Just2, may I please ask a favor of you? Could you give me a copy of those two articles regarding fractions? I recently spoke with my Righteously Medical Fanatic Sister, and she informed me that stored blood was not the case, and when I mentioned how they were allowing you to take blood fractions she said "not whole blood". Somehow, I would like to be able to give her some WT articles to look up and reason on. She really pisses me off because she has this "attitude" about things like this, and it sure would feel good to be able to throw something back at her. The only reason she will even speak with me is because of my mom being ill anyways. So, once mom dies, that will be the absolute end of any contact with any of my "blood" relatives which includes three beautiful nephews..........

Terri

P.S. When I left I told my ex to take the books and volumes with him. Wish I hadn't now.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

LOL @ runningman

I have heard of some parents laminating it to the zipper of their jacket or coat, kind of like a ski lift ticket. Usually, it is placed next to the "kick me" sign.

did you know my sister-in-law? She did that to my niece. Yep, laminated blood card hanging on her coat for all to see. LOL I used to think poor kid, but now the "kid" does the shunning big time. <missyprissythinkssheisallgrownupnow!>

j2bf

• undercover
    undercover
    Occasionally, a doctor will urge a patient to deposit his own blood weeks before surgery (preoperative autologous blood donation, or PAD) so that if the need arises, he could transfuse the patient with his own stored blood. However, such collecting, storing, and transfusing of blood directly contradicts what is said in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Blood is not to be stored; it is to be poured out?returned to God, as it were. Granted, the Mosaic Law is not in force now. Nevertheless, Jehovah?s Witnesses respect the principles God included in it, and they are determined to ?abstain from blood.? Hence, we do not donate blood, nor do we store for transfusion our blood that should be ?poured out.? That practice conflicts with God?s law.

If they respect God's principles and say blood should be poured out, then how can you use blood fractions for medicinal purposes? You have to have the blood removed, stored and then medically tampered in order to come up with blood fractions. True, JWs do not have their blood stored, but when they allow blood fractions used on them, somebody's blood somewhere has been stored. So, technically they are NOT following God's principle on this matter. For them to ignore God's principle in pouring out the blood but enforce it, with penalty, in abstaining from blood is hypocritical.

I know that you all already know that, but I just needed to vent a little. Hypocrisy really just burns me up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit