No-Blood Card No Longer Issued/Dated Annually

by AMNESIAN 60 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Credit actually goes to Google. I typed in "allogenic transfusions", and even though it did find results, it asked me: "did you mean allogeneic transfusions?"

I tell you, if machines ever do develop sentient awareness, I think it's gonna start with Google...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ya know what? I suspect that the annual renewal of blood cards never was necessary but was brought about by:

1. An over-zealous legal department

2. As a means of "controlling" the flock.

It sure will mean an end to the annual "signing of the card ceremony" each January.

Cheers, Ozzie

• AlanB
    AlanB
    You could store and use your own blood and it would not be "elsewhere".

Well I remember clearly only a few years ago this was not the case. The scripture was something about blood being poured on the ground. It was even suggested that Dialysis was a matter of conscience as one could consider the machine as an extension of the circulatory system.

This could be the start of a reversal, stop issuing the cards each year (which when I was a JW was policed by the group study elder), then less and less publications on the subject, when people start to forget, issue a short article with the new light. (The old light fades before the new light is switched on)

Seemed to work in 1975.....

A

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I had never heard about the allogeneic blood card thing.

I think this might be an initial move in the direction of reversing the blood ban. It's one of those indefensible doctrines that needs to change if they are going to avoid being relegated to the sidelines.

I wonder... what's going on? Are there any bethelites scrolling past that could shed light on the WT's mind on this?

CZAR

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ozzie,

LOL:

It sure will mean an end to the annual "signing of the card ceremony" each January.

uuuggh, I hated that part. Had to handle it almost every year. The last time I gave that talk was in Jan. 2001, about 3 months before I quit. I spent the who time on the June 15 and Oct 15 WT questions from readers that changed so much. For a week after everyone, including elders, were asking "so which boxes do we check on the Health Care Medical Directive". I would reiterate that they had to read the articles and make a decision based on their conscience. They insisted, "No, common save us the time. Just tell us which boxes to check."

The WT really was emphasizing each one making their own conscientious decision on blood fractions, but no one understood the issues.

That's another clue to me the WT is heading that way with the blood issue as a whole. They will more and more tell the folks it is a conscience matter on what fractions they take, allowing the local Scribes and Pharisees to tell them what to do. And then in a few years make the whole thing a conscience matter and try to tell us IT ALWAYS WAS. "We have been telling you for years to evaluate the scriptures and make your own decision according to your conscience".

Who do you suit for 'wrongful death' when the victim was exercising their own conscience?

Steve

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I don't sue anyone... I exercise my Second Amendment.

Old Testament? Oh, I can get Old testament. Eye for an eye, indeed...

CZAR

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I believe the removal of the annual signing requirement is significant.

As long as the ritual is repeated annually, the policy must be reaffirmed every year. It is virtually impossible to slip changes in through the back door (which is how they do everything that could be controversial), when the policy is clearly written in a legal document and renewed every year. The first step in backing away, is to stop freshening it regularly - let it get a little stale.

The supply for new ones will begin to get forgotten. Elders will misplace their supply, run out and forget to reorder, or new ones will forget to ask for the card.

Once the cards in circulation get several years old, the society can come out and say that cards are no longer necessary or effective, but you're OK as long as your doctor and next of kin are aware of your stand.

Thus begins the breaking of the legal link between the governing body and their dead members. They have to begin somewhere, and where better than a seemingly innocuous procedural change.

• undercover
    undercover
    "Baptized publishers who have previously completed an Advance Medical Directive/Release card or Identity Card with no print date or a 3/99 print date will not need to complete a new one this year. For the Service Meeting the week of December 29, the secretary should have available sufficient quantities of the cards for newly baptized publishers, their children, and those needing replacements. Congregations will not be sent a consignment of these items. If the congregations does not have enough cards on hand, the secretary may check with nearby congregations or request more cards with the congregation's next literature request."

What is significant about that particular service meeting? Is this the annual "lets hand out cards and run around and watch each other sign" party but changed somewhat? If so, it looks like there still having the talk about the importance of keeping the card or new ones getting one. Does anyone have the Kingdom Ministry that shows the lineup of parts for that week?

edited to clarify

• minimus
    minimus

My take: It's significant. Removing the blood chapter from the "new" book, a "printing error", and now new cards nd new signing every year is the way it is. They are slowly abandoning the IMPORTANCE of the blood card. If it was so important for doctors to have the most up to date document so that no blood transfusions would be given,the Society is beginning to signal that it's not so important after all! They show this by their clear choice to omit.

• little witch
    little witch

I certainly hope you guys are right. The sooner the gb abandones this murderous policy, the better!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit