Cite one scripture in the N.T. that chargers Christians to be witnesses of / for Jehovah.....Not one.using K.I ./ WTB&TS

by smiddy3 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

johnamos:

Again, just like referring me to JWfacts, I don't see the point in showing me WTS quotes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is what we do here john! We show Watchtower quotes as proof of Watchtower lies and deceptions. Whether you are a Jehovah's Witness or not, we still make suggestions to folks to visit JWFacts.

I think you would really enjoy going there and investigating.

If you don't want to visit JWFacts, that's ok, we still have hot coffee and apple pie on the table. Pull up a chair!

Atlantis!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Evidently God did not want His full name to ever appear in His Bible. And aside from three Hallelujahs in Revelation His name is totally absent from the New Testament.

It is evident, because it is not there.

Evidently JWs are placing the emphasis on the wrong name.

• LV101
    LV101

Great topic - a JW must accept false prophecies -- unity at all costs.

Thx for the links, Atlantis - not that there was any doubt about the cult being false prophets. I'll share the link with ex-witness. She weakens at times and works with JWs.

• johnamos
    johnamos

quote - That is what we do here john! We show Watchtower quotes as proof of Watchtower lies and deceptions. - end quote

LOL!!! I understand that but that should only be directed to those that believe and follow the WTS/GB. I am well aware of their lies and deceptions, that is why I have never become a JW. I have pointed out many of times that Ezekiel ch. 13 1-16 applies to them.

And I am well aware of JWfacts from at least 10 years ago if not longer I have been viewing it.

My comments are not in defense of JW's, they are in defense of the Bible.

BTW, all this talk about coffee and apple pie and now I will have to have it tonight. Also whenever I hear apple pie mention, I always think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFcZKgf2NUQ

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Seinfeld! Yes, always liked his program. Thanks for the reminder of that clip.

Now lets see, better go and get some ice cream to go with the pie. Is that the way you do it johnamos?

Vanilla ice cream and apple cobbler? I am already getting hungry.

Atlantis!

• johnamos
    johnamos

quote - His name is totally absent from the New Testament. It is evident, because it is not there. - end quote

The question is, why is it not there and if it was ever there.

Here is a place in the Hebrew Scriptures the name is used and written:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+6%3A3&version=AKJV

Now the same Scripture again you can see the name that you know was used and written in the above link you now see it was removed and replaced with LORD.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+6%3A3&version=NKJV

Knowing that, can you say for certain that the DN was not written at all in the original Greek writings?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi JA

Let me repeat myself... Because "Jehovah" is totally absent from both the Old Testament and the New Testament, it is evident it is not there. All you have is the tetragrammaton (four unpronounceable consonants in its stead) in the OT and 3 Hallelujahs (fragments of the name) in the NT.

<<Here is a place in the Hebrew Scriptures the name is used and written:https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+6%3A3&version=AKJV>>

Yes, the KJV actually employs the name Jehovah 4 times....but these are derived from adding vowels to the tetragrammaton. So again, Jehovah or Yahweh is not in the Hebrew scriptures.

Thus the KJV is guilty of adding to the word of God 4 times while the Watchtower is guilty of adding the name Jehovah close to 7000 times in the OT. But regardless...Jehovah is not there.

<<Knowing that, can you say for certain that the DN was not written at all in the original Greek writings?>>

Can you say for certain that it was? And if it was, why didn't God allow at least some ancient manuscripts to contain the name? And how then could anyone trust the scriptures If men can so thoroughly alter God's word.

It is evident then that God wanted another DN to have preeminence.

• johnamos
    johnamos

In OT at Numbers 11:28 the YHV from the tetragrammaton are used for the name Yehoshua. In the NT at Hebrews 4:8 the name Yehoshua is there.

In the OT at Isaiah 1:1 the YH from the tetragrammaton are used for the name YshaYah. In the NT at Matthew 3:3 the name YshaYah/Isaiah is there.

In the OT at Psalm 104:35 the YH from the tetragrammaton are used for the name Yah. In that verse is says halal/'Praise Yah' which is the equivalent to the Halleluiah's you noted as being in the NT.

When the YHV is being used as prefix we see Yeho. When the YH from the tetragrammaton is being used alone we see Yah. And when the YH is being used as an suffix we see yah/iah.

Yehoshua/Isaiah

YHVH is: Yehoah

Yehoah - Yah

• Island Man
    Island Man
    [just as you can tell me that I can't say for certain that the originals and those that followed up until the oldest now on hand did have the DN there, I can tell you that you can't say for certain that it was not there.]

johnamos, the NT authors were quoting from the Greek Septuagint version of the OT. We know this because when the NT quotes the OT the wording is identical to that of the Greek Septuagint. Add to this the fact that the typical Greek Septuagint did not translate YHWH into any Greek equivalent name, but instead used the Greek for "Lord" (kurious). This is why every single NT text quoting a DN text of the OT uses "LORD" in places where the Hebrew text of the OT uses YHWH. They were not quoting from the Hebrew text. They were quoting of the common Greek translation of the OT.

Secondly, it is inconceivable that the name was originally in the Greek text of the NT but was thoroughly removed from every single copy with not a single one surviving. To think that there was a meticulous process of finding and destroying every single copy of the NT with the name YHWH was undertaken and successful so that no trace survives, is laughably ridiculous - on par with the most ridiculous conspiracy theories!

The evidence points to the very reasonable conclusion that the divine name was never in the NT because the authors were taking their OT quotes from a Greek translation that did not use the divine name. Saying that it was in the NT and then later removed with perfection, is to make an extraordinary claim that flies in the face of facts and reason.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Island Man : Add to this the fact that the typical Greek Septuagint did not translate YHWH into any Greek equivalent name, but instead used the Greek for "Lord" (kurious).

Every Greek Septuagint text that has been found prior to the second century CE translated YHWH with the Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek equivalent of the divine name. It is only from the second century onwards that we find the divine name is replaced with the Greek for "Lord". There is no reason to believe this replacement of the divine name did not occur in the NT texts as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit