Cite one scripture in the N.T. that chargers Christians to be witnesses of / for Jehovah.....Not one.using K.I ./ WTB&TS

by smiddy3 99 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Good answer, SBF.

Good questions, smiddy3. I was not personally supporting the viewpoint of the WTS about Isaiah 43, merely reporting what the WTS says it means. Sorry if I hadn't made that clear.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Were there not also a great crowd of witnesses in Hebrews 11 who exercised faith in Jehovah ? Abel, Enoch, Noah etc.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

<<The fact that God is the only saviour is not contradicted by the fact that God sends a saviour into the world to accomplish his will. God is the saviour and the one he sends forth is the means by which he saves.>>

I'm glad you can see that there is no contradiction. Do you also see no contradiction when God identifies Himself as sole Creator

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; is.24:44 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. Is 45:18

Similarly the NT identifies Jesus as Creator as well.

John 1:1-4
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

• Colossians 1:15-16
      He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

• Hebrews 1:1-2
      God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

My conclusion is that Jesus Christ as Lord, Saviour and Creator of all things is worthy of the same honour as the Father. That would include worship.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Those scriptures are consistent in making the careful distinction that God created through Jesus. No scripture says that heaven and earth were created through God. No scripture says that Jesus created anything, All these scriptures say that God created through Jesus. Another such passage is 1 Cor 8:6.

there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

It’s amazing how consistent so many different passages are on this specific point: that creation is from God and through Jesus.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well done Slim; thou almost persuadeth me to become a Unitarian....again.

Peace Brother

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Were there not also a great crowd of witnesses in Hebrews 11 who exercised faith in Jehovah ? Abel, Enoch, Noah etc.

Yes ,and they did so in the pre Christian era.

We are now in the post Christian era. where Jesus is the name to be held above every other name .

Not Jehovah God.

Phil.2 : 9,10

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And getting back on to topic

Cite one scripture in the N.T. that chargers Christians to be witnesses of / for Jehovah.....Not one.using K.I ./ WTB&TS

• blondie
    blondie

For many who post here, I will be preaching to the choir. But for jws or those who support the WT ideas, this could be as eye-opening as it was for me.

I tried, smiddy3, about 2001, to find where Jesus' followers were called jws, and was shocked to read Acts 1:8, where Jesus himself said to his followers after his resurrection that they were to be witnesses of Jesus. Note Jesus did not say they would be witnesses of Jehovah. (and I was using the NWT)

Acts 1:8

But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me (Jesus: emphasis by BL) in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.”

(The WTS deceptively references the word “witnesses” to Isaiah 43:10-12, which was written to the Israelites at a time when Jesus had not existed.)

and Acts 11:26

After he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So, for a whole year they assembled with them in the congregation and taught quite a crowd, and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.

Notice that this was not a name given to Jesus' followers by non-Christians, but by "divine providence," by God himself.

And without making a list here of the occasions in the NT where Christians are told to be witnesses of Jesus, to witness about Jesus, never a mention to witness about Jehovah.

I invite people who think the Christian Greek Scriptures (NT) does, this is your chance to show us where I have missed the scriptures that do say to be witnesses of Jehovah and/witness about Jehovah. It might be mind-opening for you.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The name Jesus means “Jehovah is salvation” and the early Christians were well aware of this. (Matt 1:21) In the first century the common pronunciation of the divine name was Yaho, and the name Jesus was pronounced Yaho-shua. So when early Christians used the name Jesus they also pronounced the divine name Yaho.

I already cited scriptures that say Christians are witnesses to God’s power in resurrecting Jesus.

We are now in the post Christian era. where Jesus is the name to be held above every other name .
    Not Jehovah God.
    Phil.2 : 9,10

Scriptures that describe Christians as witnesses of Jesus are scriptures that show Christians are witnesses that “Jehovah is salvation”, because that is what the name Jesus mean. All praise to Jesus, as Phil 2:11 says, is “to the glory of God the Father”.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

slimboyfat , you are being very pedantic with your reasoning .

According to Phil.2 : 9,10 followers of Jesus Christ are according to God that he has set in motion by divine providence the christian system of things ,during this time followers of Jesus Christ are to worship him alone to the glory of God.

And at the end of the Christian period ,which is yet in the future everything will revert back to GOD .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit