UC Berkeley orders cancellation of Ann Coulter speech

by freemindfade 115 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Freemindfade,

Ann Coulter speech at UC Berkeley canceled, again, amid fears for safety

What about the safety of those who have been killed because of the hatred of some people who took inspiration from the likes of Coulter and Fox and Rush Limbaugh?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Right Wingers are like the bully who keeps punching his victim until his victim finally punches back. Then the bully says: "You see, you see! That's why you deserve to be punched! What damnable hypocrisy!

Thirty years of Conservative hate radio and twenty years of hate television has brought this that we see now happening. You reap what you sow.

• sparky1
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Freemindfade,

VI have you listened to any of these AntiFa maniacs?

That doesn't make them fascist. Fascism is a political ideology not an obnoxious person who is severely agitated. Fascism is about extreme nationalism and purified races or societies. That describes the white nationalists that Trump has brought into his orbit.

These are the people who have been empowered by Trump. Their disease has been smoldering for decades so now some cry because they're finally being confronted.

• bohm
    bohm

Alt-right activists at /pol/ discussing which weapons to bring along for the demonstration, who to beat up, how to make incendiary devices (I wonder when this becomes domestic terrorism?) amidst the usual racism, antisemitism, nazi cheering and sexism
    https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122430598/

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah bohm, I'm sure you can find some nuts online if you go looking.

Lately though all the nuts rioting have been leftist and they represent a far bigger threat to free speech right now than the alt-right.

Whether they are true "fascist" in a political sense or just behave like fascist thugs, they are still thugs who think violence is acceptable to silence views they disagree with. It isn't.

• Simon
    Simon
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Right Wingers are like the bully who keeps punching his victim until his victim finally punches back. Then the bully says: "You see, you see! That's why you deserve to be punched! What damnable hypocrisy!
    Thirty years of Conservative hate radio and twenty years of hate television has brought this that we see now happening. You reap what you sow.

No. The alt-right is the bogey-man that the left has mostly invented because the true extreme right is a tiny fringe but trust the left to fan the flames of something into a real problem.

What we are seeing is pushback against the idiotic leftist interference with people's lives that has gone on too long and too far. They overreached and people got tired of the crap and the silent majority has had enough of being told how to live by a bunch of whiney hypocrites.

If you truly believe that things people say on the radio has to be met with rioting in the street and people being attacked then you are a fool who is deluding themselves.

The jackboots of the left are not there because they respect freedom - they are there because they resent their power being democratically taken away. Be careful, one day they will come for you.

Who really loses are genuine libertarians and the true liberal ideals - stuck between knuckle-dragging morons on both sides.

But right now if I fear a "side" I fear the left because they are so unbelievably dumb that they would rather have extreme fascism than any conservatism and are happy to sell any and all rights in order to achieve it. Great job, well thought out plan. At least when the real fascists arrive they'll slaughter them first.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Hate speech is protected by the first amendment, threats (what antifa does) is not however. Sorry to break it to you folks.

"Berkeley was once the cradle for free speech now its the cradle for fucking babies"-Bill Maher (liberal)

Who really loses are genuine libertarians and the true liberal ideals - stuck between knuckle-dragging morons on both sides

I think there are a lot more of us in between than we realize. The idiots are just so loud.

• bohm
    bohm
    Lately though all the nuts rioting have been leftist

surely we agree that the violent demonstrations at Berkley had alt-right participation. I mean, Kyle Chapman (based stickman) was arrested at the demonstration and he is both alt-right and has been agitating for violence for a long time... There are many pictures of people with alt-right iconography fighting and Heiling online from Berkley.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    surely we agree that the violent demonstrations at Berkley had alt-right participation

Bull shit

When Milo went the anarchy came from AntiFa, educate yourself and watch some stuff on Yvette Felarca. I agree things are escalating and the right protesters are starting to stand up for themselves, but Antifa are the ones doctrinally and openly who are preaching stop the others "by any means necessary".

All of you self-righteous group thinkers should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Fm9z4LGDs

• kpop
    kpop

surely we agree that the violent demonstrations at Berkley had alt-right participation.

-Bohm

1- You have no clue WTF you are talking about. Seriously, it's embarrassing for you. The "alt-right" is simply the latest boogey man the left can blame for whatever purpose they need. It's like the Democrats digging up the "KKK" around election time to smear [insert any Republican], as if there's millions of backwoods redneck KKK running around the country ready to kill everyone not white. How absurd, but it worked because so many dumbasses fell for that one. If you listen to CNN you would think Trump has a direct phone line to the KKK! LOL

2- You have NO clue what 4chan represents, how it operates and who is there behind the scenes, which is totally fine with all of us but enjoy reading the troll threads. I can guarantee that you can't access where the real party happens. But I'll tell you this: overall the movement is against racists, bigots, homophobia, anti-Semetic and very tolerant. Wow, how wudda thunk it? But please, make sure to pick up your $5 cardsharp Antifa credit card knife so you can fend off a real life KKK when you join the protests LOL

PS I am NOT a Republican so you can put that to rest. Have a nice day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit