'Experiences(tm)'! Made up or totally true??

by punkofnice 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Reading about all of your experiences in this regard makes me feel o much better now.I really mean it.

A couple or more times when I was a regular pioneer and a special pioneer (I used to get lots of parts in almost all the assemblies, not bragging just saying).two or more times this happened when the interview was supposedly arranged by the CO . He heard all my answers n experiences on the first take as normal. Then when we went through it a second time he started making suggestions to some extent I agreed coz it flowed better, but then third time round he started making outright fabrications/embroidering the experience.Once through with it, I said mate I am no longer comfy with the product now coz it is not true to what really happend so refused to make the fabrications. He was not happy, got the PO and had another chat with me to go ahead with the said fabricated result.I could not in all honesty do it so I said I cant do it , my conscience does not allow me to ,please find someone else and walked away.

I have had to do this three times at 3 different occasions.Then on no one approached me to make changes, or no parts at all. But thye could not stay away coz I did work hard and had some damn good experiences in my jdumb life!

Used to think before I read this post, that I am a very proud and head strong person not willing to listen and change the experience.But after reading this post I feel vindicated for doing the right thing and having a clear conscience.

By the way I do have my experiences endorsed into the yearbooks too by the Co.

Did it my way!

Zing

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

A lot of unverifiable stories I hear also are related to me by workmates be they catholic, Presbyterian, or baptist. How many have heard about the kid being saved from a snake ( lion, car) because he always obeys dad?

This thread goes with the one about training at midweek meetings

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Zing - feel o much better now.I really mean it.

Jolly good show.

Roadie - I think the one about the sister(tm) who called on a murderer or some grotesque geezer and he didn't kill her because he saw some big blokes that were supposed to be angels. This one isn't exclusive to Jobos. There are variations of this one going around.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Ah yes, Punky! There is definitely something 'fishy' going on with these contrived experiences! But of course, the Circuit Overseer has the authority to 'pivot' the content of the experiences in order to fit the 'contrived narrative' of current Jehovah's Witness dogma and manipulate the emotions of the unsuspecting flock.

• Simon
    Simon

I remember seeing a local pioneer couple on stage telling of some amazing experience and thinking it was weird that we hadn't heard about it in the local congregation before, 'cause they were the sort that normally gave a running narrative of all their experiences and every trivial little "accomplishment" in the ministry.

But then the real experiences wouldn't be quite so awe inspiring would they?

"and at the 18th house we knocked, someone answered, and when we asked if they would like a WatchTower and Awake magazines they said 'sure, OK, I guess' and then we left. It was totally amazing and we felt the hand of J-E-H-O-V-A-H* at work"

*said in drawn out, dramatic, over-emphasized "Assembly voice"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Simon - But then the real experiences wouldn't be quite so awe inspiring would they?

Fazackerly. Reminds me of....

'They were praying for someone to call.'

Exactly like people never do.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Modern jw experiences that are related at assemblies and conventions are just like the bible! Embellished bullsh*t!

just saying!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when my first wife (born in ) and i got married--1968--we had our honeymoon at a district assembly in sheffield UK ( i 'shit you not).

for some reason we were sent to the publicity dept--who wanted to know our story and where we lived...and took photos of us.

when we returned home our photo was in the local weekly newspaper--with our story--totally ficticious--quotes from me i never said.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

My Favorite Fake Experience found in the Literature was the JW who witnessed to a businessman on a train. The businessman took the truth book and threw it out the window. The book sailed thru the air and hit a man who was going to commit suicide. He read the book instead and became a JW!

You just can't make it up - oh wait you can!

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

That is why these days there are videos. GB checks directly if they are true or not. Is it not???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit