'Experiences(tm)'! Made up or totally true??

by punkofnice 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All JWS are trained propagandists by the WTS.

They have to be, to be seen as a strong spiritual member full of zeal and commitment.

Its done so to incite belief aimed at the general public, the all important ingredient to all religions.

Sure one could say that certain people who started to study the bible with the JWS changed their life from one that was self destructive after becoming a JWS, giving people a more healthier direction in their lives but that can be said by other religious faiths as well.

There other engaging consequences though like being over manipulated by end of the world doctrines, refusing a Blood transfusion to cause death, not getting an education or saving for retirement, breaking up families and marriages.

The are a whole slew of bad socialized consequences being a devoted follower of this religion to be realized.

Can people make self assertive changes in their life for the betterment of themselves without the involvement of religion , yes that's possible too.

• JayDubyaDotOrg
    JayDubyaDotOrg

Your posts make me laugh punkofnice, I like your style of humour.

I used to work with somebody who substituted exactly with Fazackerly lol.

If I remember rightly it's somewhere near Liverpool or the Wirral??

You must be from ol' Blighty surely.

• hoser
    hoser

As a motivational tool it works for guilt tripping the mentally in. Embellish some experience and hint that you are not doing as much as brother bullshit experience.

This is taken straight from big corporation motivation 101. Mrs Hoser worked for a big company a number of years ago and their branch always got told their numbers weren’t as high as a branch 500 miles away It worked until someone transferred in from that place and it turned out corporate headquarters was playing this bullshit game to get free labour from the staff

• Splash
    Splash

The first time I had a talk at an assembly I also had to do an interview with someone being baptised that day, and relate his experience.

Prior to the assembly every brother who had been assigned a talk had to meet the CO at the assembly hall and go through their talk for his approval.

To my surprise the CO wasn't interested in, and didn't ask to hear, any of the talks, only the interviews and experiences. In every instance he would stop the brother half way through, suggest what might be a better angle, and twist the experience into something new.

This particular CO was a special level of dick so I presumed it was just him being dishonest, but the more assembly parts I gave the more I saw that this was standard practice.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Zilgee

If they check anything it is to make sure the locals don't know the true version

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We saw this first hand at one of the last assemblies we attended.

One brother from our hall gave the experience that he moved from another city and really "simplified." What the audience did not know is that he moved from a million dollar home and moved into a $600K home. lol

Another one was a young girl, with her parents. How did her parents "train her up right?" Study, service and meeting attendance. What the audience did not know, was this girl had been DF'd just 6 months prior to the demo for sleeping with her JW Boyfriend.

Another....a young girl being interviewed on how she maintained her integrity throughout High School. What the audience did not know is that she was going onto college for a 4 year degree. Funny, the CO that was interviewing her did not ask what her future plans were. He knew but put her on the state anyway. She had the look. What a joke!!!

Show people who love to parade themselves and their children around. Great actors!!!

• Tech49
    Tech49

I agree with everyone else. I saw this firsthand as well. It wasn't my experience, but I had a part on the assembly one time, so sat in on the entire rehearsal program with the CO. When it came time for "experiences", he did just what the others have described... he "altered" them to fit his agenda. It was my first time that I had seen this actually being done. It was blatant, and embarrassing. It was an outright fabrication and a lie. By the time he was done, the experiences were mere fiction. Even the guys and gals giving the parts were embarrassed, but they went along with the "glorious one" and his "instructions". It was definitely a defining moment for me at the time.

• Simon
    Simon
    we had our honeymoon at a district assembly in sheffield UK

I remember long trips across the Pennines to Sheffield district assembly and sitting on blankets on the terraces, under plastic sheeting draped over the barriers, as the rain came down and the echo of the speakers droned on.

It really sent you to sleep, thank god for the blankets.

All you had to watch was the regular parade of people going down to the fencing at the front to replace or flip the cassette on their tape recorders, so they could show to the rest of the crowd that they were SO RIGHTEOUS because they were going to not just sit through it all once, but would probably listen to it again when they got home.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

A lot of people want to be lied to, so in terms of assembly "experiences" It's a case of telling people what they want to hear.

Upon my return from Bethel, I was asked several times to relay my experiences there on stage. I always refused because they didn't want to know what it was really like. They wanted a glowing report that matched what they wanted to hear so that they could continue to ignore their nagging doubts.

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

Very soon need greaters will give experiences. In reality they are actually going to developing countries to reduce their expenses because they do not want to work secularly or some other personal reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit