'Experiences(tm)'! Made up or totally true??

by punkofnice 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

MY "Experience" BS Detector woke up before I did.

I know of MANY assembly and yearbook experiences that were ALL BS.

I even experienced it myself.

I have given many District Assembly Talks, and my last one had an interview about "coming into the truth" (i cringe using that word.

So I had someone I studied with who had a "great" experience that fit perfectly into the instructions.

I had to send the CO the experience as it would be spoken for pre approval. (there was a rehearsal snafu).

The CO called me up and ordered me to make changes to this person's REAL experience.

He wanted things cut out and things added, and I was told, this is the way it needs to be.

The "brother" was so saddened when I told him. I let him know if he didnt want to do it, it was fine with me.

He wound up doing up, but on Stage with 4K people watching, he was as animated and excited as a stalk of celery. And I didnt blame him one bit.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    wanty - The CO called me up and ordered me to make changes to this person's REAL experience.

Yep. That's the infuriating thing.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

If I remember rightly it's somewhere near Liverpool or the Wirral??

You must be from ol' Blighty surely.

Fazakerley is one train stop away from where I was born and raised - Kirkby, Liverpool.

There used to be a great independant guitar shop there called FRETS. A little Chinese man owned it who could play guitar like the ghost of Hendrix. You had to see it to believe it.

Except over here we pronounce it "faz-achk-lee" It takes a mouthful of phlem to pronounce it correctly over here. Scousers are used to it.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Every hear the one about a Kid skipping a evening meeting playing sick - and instead went out (to do something unchristian of course) and then getting into a car accident.

He hit his parents car - and depending on who tells it - the kid dies - or the parents do.

See you should always go to meetings.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Back in high school, I was late so often that one day, I was sent to the principal’s office. And so, while sitting in front of him, the National Anthem started to play over the school speakers. He got up from his chair and, looking at me, asked why I didn’t stand up. I told him I was a JW and he got extremely aggressive and told me there would be a world of trouble if I didn’t get up. I told him that it would probably be a better show of respect for the National Anthem to remain silent until the end. Is face turned into a darker red and he turned his back on me. In the meantime, I prayed to God to calm him down. At the end, he calmly turned back, gave me a permission slip and told me to get out of his office.

Attributing his change of attitude to God, I shared the story with an Elder who wanted me to present the story in front of the congregation. However, he wanted to change “why” I was in the principal’s office in the first place. He wanted to make up some other reason and I didn’t want to lie. So, I never delivered that experience on stage.

Never regretted it.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Back in my 'new boy' days at Bethel, we had a talk by David Walker who I believe was the Assistant Farm Servant under John Marcus at the old Kingdom Farm up in South Lansing. He related how a young Bethelite decided to stay home from the Sunday meeting one morning and swim in the pool. Of course, everyone else at the Farm was a good Witness and had gone to the meeting. Apparently when some had returned from their meeting they had found the young Bethelite drowned in the pool. 'We're not saying that he drowned because he didn't go to the meeting, but surely he would still be alive today if he had gone to the meeting' , so said Brother Walker.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I was in my late teens when I started to suspect that assembly platform “experiences” might not actually be 100% factual.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

How about how Johnny Carson had John Denver on who said something bad about JWs and then Carson said you dont like JWs - well my camera man is one, and this guy is one and this guy is one, and told Denver to leave.

What do you expect I guess when you grow up believing in a bad fairytale and the power of the GB.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I love John denver stories. Like he was the only singer/actor who ever disliked witnesses? Bet J carson wasnt a fan either. I thought camermen had to take extra education and couldn't turn down evening work .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Wanty - Roady - Johnny Carson had John Denver

I wonder if this ACTUALLY happened or is another made up thing. I must search youpube to see what I can see....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit