'Experiences(tm)'! Made up or totally true??

by punkofnice 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

At one Assembly(tm), I was asked to relate an 'experience(tm)' which I did. However, during rehearsals, the geezer in charge Elder or CO or some such title, told me that I shouldn't tell it the way it was. I did a 're-enactment(tm)' with another 'Brother(tm)'. By the time we'd finished, it bore no resemblance to the reality. It was incredible as an 'experience(tm)' as a lie. I should have been given a Sainthood for the 'experience(tm)', were it the way it was acted out on stage.

Even as a fullt brainwashed Jobo, it didn't sit well with me from then on in.

I also know of some 'experiences(tm)' that were half inched from other religions too.

Cult. That's all I can conclude.

What were your experiences of 'experiences(tm)'?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

OMG! I thought I was the only one. I had to give an experience at an Assembly some 13 years ago. By the time the Circus Overseer 'changed' a few things to make it more 'appropriate' for us locally, it only superficially resembled what actually happened. In fact, the made up version that the friends saw now became the true version. Why do I say this? Because I had more than a few people who knew the real situation ask me why I didn't tell them all of this made up crap originally. Worse part, we were 'instructed' to not tell anyone that the CO changed the experience! So we basically had to now lie to everyone that this made up version was always the truth.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Doctor Who - I've seen it a dozen times over the years.

By the time the Circus Overseer 'changed' a few things to make it more 'appropriate' for us locally, it only superficially resembled what actually happened.

Yes. Fazackerly what I was talking about.

For a long time after that I no longer trusted what I heard from the A$$emb£ies and CONvention$.

It just didn't feel 'Christian' to me. It felt more 'Corporate'............which is exactly what it is. Corporate propaganda.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think most are “based on real events”. Kinda like any Hollywood movie that makes that statement. (HAHA) IOW, lots of “poetic license”. Not quite absolute lies

Things like “lost my job” get changed to “sought early retirement” (to pioneer, etc).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DOC - Theocratic warfare strategy(tm)?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Just how much of the Bible was written. . .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nana - ....and other so called 'holy books'.

• tiki
    tiki

I always hated them and tuned them out. Even if they were true or real they were designed to make you feel inferior, less blessed and/or privileged. I recall one totally bizarre one...the female relating it appeared less than plausible....she was kidnapped and screaming "Jehovah" from the trunk of a car and was miraculously saved. Context totally undisclosed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the JW world . pretentiousness., embellishment and corrupt propaganda are all active.

Jehovah's spirit is truly active over the organization cant you tell.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Mine were changed by circuit overseers to make them "more encouraging", essentially to embellish them so they sounded more grand. Whether it was a part where I gave a personal experience, where I played a friend and it was supposed to be his experience, or whether I was giving my goals from the platform, none were ever good enough on their own merits without their manipulation of what I was to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit