'Experiences(tm)'! Made up or totally true??

by punkofnice 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They are all madeup now. If they cant find a similar one to massage they script it. I asked a family i knew about their problems, and got laughed at. All made up

The biggest aha came when wife got a DVD of an assembly from a different part of the country: experience was word for word as the one locally

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    tiki - she was kidnapped and screaming "Jehovah"

That doesn't sound very plausible. Where on Earth was that supposed to have happened?

Finky - It's extremely obvious when you're out of the brainwashing machine.

Dubster - You too, ay? I wondered how widespread it was in Jobo-land.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

To make matters worse, how many of these "experiences" that were enhanced were of JW kids only to have the other parents berate their own children by saying "You should be more like Johnny Experience on the stage"?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    TBK - "You should be more like Johnny Experience on the stage"?

True say.

Probably part of the reason for the 'embroidering', the GovBod (piss be onto them), do enjoy abuse of kids.

• Ding
    Ding

This reminds me of the stories in the mags where some brother swam crocodile-infested waters to bring the truth to a remote village somewhere. While there, he was severely beaten and yet managed to swim back in time for the next meeting.

Talk about a guilt trip for everyone who didn't want to get up early Saturday and spend the morning out in service!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Scripted brainwashing is synonymous with the JWS religion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Ding - This reminds me of the stories in the mags where some brother swam crocodile-infested waters

Yes. Talk about suspending disbelief......

I think the Jobos were studying(tm) the corporation propaganda washtowel this week and it was some made up saga about a geezer that turned down working in a church even though he needed the work, blah blah, rhubarb blah........washtowel BS ad-infinitum.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Finky - Scripted brainwashing is synonymous with the JWS religion.

They live in an echo chamber of corporation propaganda.

....and yes. I remember it well.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I haven't been on an assembly stage since the 1970's but as I recall it was 'standard operating procedure'. Any time that I or my family gave an experience, it was 'fleshed out' to make it more interesting by the Circuit Overseer. I guess that you could say that Jehovah's Witnesses were ahead of their time in producing docudramas for the entertainment and spiritual edification of their flock!

Docudrama: a drama dealing freely with historical events especially of a recent and controversial nature. - Merriam Webster Online Dictionary; first known use of the word:1961

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sparky - Docudrama. Gudgeon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit