I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Viviane it's all about eliminating the possibilities. Ruling things out is a critical action of science. Where did u study?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    Hadriel in science they don't like to attribute changes to unique events and tend to keep on pursuing explanations that are more systematic. so here you will meet a lot of resistance. ruby

A perfect example of Viv's Law. viv

why thanks young lady - I trust that the above can be taken in more than one way. But seriously gospel truth and scientific truth are worlds apart but that doesn't stop people treating them as if they are the same. I was simply following the biochemist Prigogine andthe astrophysicist Norton's example in helpfully explaining the difference between scientific explanations and what theology offers. this struck me as so interesting and helpful that I thought I would share it.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

hadriel viv is a jack (sorry jackess) of all trades - she has studied a little of this that and the other. she is here to rally her side when they are threatened with defeat.

I think we have to conclude that Kate's qualifications are way above ours in chemistry at least.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    @Viviane it's all about eliminating the possibilities. Ruling things out is a critical action of science. Where did u study?

Wrong again. Viv's Law still holds true.

hadriel viv is a jack (sorry jackess) of all trades - she has studied a little of this that and the other. she is here to rally her side when they are threatened with defeat

I am not at all surprised that you resort to calling names.It's literally all you have.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

oh here you are viv - I thought you might be sulking in a corner over the fact that your side have been name calling and insulting others more or less from the start of this thread

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why should an assurance count as a meaningful comment?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    oh here you are viv - I thought you might be sulking in a corner over the fact that your side have been name calling and insulting others more or less from the start of this thread

My side? What in the world are you talking about?

Why should an assurance count as a meaningful comment?

Another meaningless question.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

I can't find it at my alma at the moment but UC Berkley should do just fine. The below is a common statement in just about any science related degree. It aligns with what I'm saying. It is not a war.

MISCONCEPTION: Science contradicts the existence of God.

CORRECTION: Because of some vocal individuals (both inside and outside of science) stridently declaring their beliefs, it's easy to get the impression that science and religion are at war. In fact, people of many different faiths and levels of scientific expertise see no contradiction at all between science and religion. Because science deals only with natural phenomena and explanations, it cannot support or contradict the existence ofsupernatural entities — like God. To learn more, visit our side trip Science and religion: Reconcilable differences.

reference: http://undsci.berkeley.edu/teaching/misconceptions.php

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I can't find it at my alma at the moment but UC Berkley should do just fine. The below is a common statement in just about any science related degree. It aligns with what I'm saying. It is not a war.

War? What in the world are you on about? You're just wrong about science.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@notsurewheretogo who are you speaking to? who said anything is guided?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit