I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Landy
    Landy
    Hadriel in science they don't like to attribute changes to unique events and tend to keep on pursuing explanations that are more systematic. so here you will meet a lot of resistance.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Would you rather replace a systematic, evidence led based process with a 'Ooh, we don't know the answer, therefore God' approach?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

hadriel just to make a bit more complicated in natural science Darwin characterised evolution as lots of events of selection - nowadays we tend to think in terms of ongoing process always moving even when we think we are standing still - mind boggling - the earth spiralling around the sun - DNA spiralling within us - lovely shapes and patterns if we bring gravity into the mix

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

landy you are making an assumption that prolly has more to do with you than with me - but I am cool with that.

I mean where did you get that I was saying that like it is a bad thing?

• Landy
    Landy
    landy you are making an assumption that prolly has more to do with you than with me - but I am cool with that.

I wasn't making any assumptions - I was asking you a question. The ? at the end of the sentence should have been a hint for you.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

landy I was replying to hadriel and am trying to initiate a conversation with him if you don't mind. thx

• Landy
    Landy

Well if you don't want anyone else to jump in I suggest you use the phone or PM. Until you do, if I see something I'd like to comment on I'll reply to it if it's all the same to you.

Thx.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

you can jump in all you want luv, after all isn't evolution all about making jumps

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Hariel you said

I don't have a question. I gave a statement. simple proteins being charged RNA to DNA all center around an event to which caused the chaining to begin life.

the problem as I see it is that even simple proteins have complex histories and partake of organic as well as inorganic processes. scientists like to be able to chart these processes systematically. here there is not one event which caused the chaining to begin life.

• Landy
    Landy
    you can jump in all you want luv, after all isn't evolution all about making jumps

That's the theory :)

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

yes it is sweetums - ontoh I do like to feel I am talking to real people and not just to parts of parts - my time happens to be very precious to me as I am sure yours is to you. edit: what I mean to say is that I keep finding that others have anticipated where I am going and got there before me and answered the questions or at least kept the unanswered ones going - Illya Prigogine for example. do you ever get that feeling? or is it just an effect of bringing complexity into the picture and teachers wanting to teach it?

edit edit: wow that sounds very garbled - just skip over it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit