I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

hadriel have you read any of Donna Blackmond's work - here for example

Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B (2011) 366, 2878–2884 doi:10.1098/rstb.2011.0130

i'm assuming that you are already familiar with her work Kate but if you aren't then the above is an excellent read. Blackmond admits though that a lot more work needs to be done but I like how she concludes regarding emergent and complexity systems that need to be taken as wholes

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@cofty I went into explicit detail. The reality as those on a definitive side of the fence don't like the answer. you expect absolutes out of others yet can't define what this event is and how RNA made the leap to DNA.

So if you don't like the answer of it cannot to date be explained then maybe you should tell us how this happened as I cannot define what scientists cannot define.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    But again I'm particularly interested in the concepts which caused simple amino acids to be charged resulting in proteins which begin chaining and building life.

That is what I wrote I can't make it any more clear than this. Without this explanation nothing is definitive!

• cofty
    cofty
    The reality as those on a definitive side of the fence don't like the answer.

I don't understand this sentence. Can you explain please? What answer? What definitive side of which fence?

you expect absolutes out of others

For example?

yet can't define what this event is and how RNA made the leap to DNA

As I said you should investigate the work being done by biochemist Bill Martin of the University of Dusseldorf, Mike Russell of the Jet Propulsion Lab in Passendina, and Eugene Koonin of the NIH in the USA. They are doing fantastic work in this field. Nick Lane of UNiversity College London is doing research and experiments in the origin of life and has published widely on the subject. He has already published four books on this. I recommended one in the previous thread, did you get a copy? It is called "Life Arising".

If I tell you more about the transition from RNA to DNA will you just keep changing the question?

• cofty
    cofty
    I'm particularly interested in the concepts which caused simple amino acids to be charged resulting in proteins which begin chaining and building life - Hadriel

This is a very different question from the origin of DNA.

What do mean specifically by amino acids becoming "charged"?

What is your question exactly?

Do you understand your question?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

oh God

• cofty
    cofty

Hadriel I am not being sarcastic when I ask "what is your question exactly?"

If you define your question I will be happy to describe the progress that is being made in this area of science.

Theists like to pretend that scientists don't have the first clue about the origins of life. That is simply not true. It is a fascinating field. If I was a young non-JW it is probably where I would want to have a career.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

I don't have a question. I gave a statement. simple proteins being charged RNA to DNA all center around an event to which caused the chaining to begin life.

I'm not asking you what that event was because no one in science to this point can or has. Hence it is a statement of fact as of the writing of this post.

Maybe that will change in our lifetime but I tend to doubt it.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hadriel,

why are you doubting that answers will come? Do you believe in God? If you do, is it a coincidence that the specific area of science you feel we will be lacking in your lifetime is a region used by many to put God in the gap? Is it not just a very complex part of modern science? Abiogenesis is a huge and complex topic, have you read the literature and textbooks on it? Because we know much.

Abiogenesis and evolution are very different things we shouldn't be talking about it here. But the start of life abiogenesis is a huge and exciting field. I don't know why you assume we won't find answers, why do you state that? please don't go and look for research, please give your honest answer for why YOU when you said it felt that way.

i personally obviously likewise don't have all the answers, but I was very excited by Craig Ventnors work, his,latest being fascinating ( see below) ...but interesting to me with a JW past was to read of the work on artificial life. When the Lego pieces of life clip together the cells become alive and start to work. No god involved. No magic breath of life. No Frankenstein pulling of a switch. It's machinery.

http://www.nature.com/news/minimal-cell-raises-stakes-in-race-to-harness-synthetic-life-1.19633

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Hadriel in science they don't like to attribute changes to unique events and tend to keep on pursuing explanations that are more systematic. so here you will meet a lot of resistance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit