I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Hadriel, you didn't answer my question

I know how the scientific process works

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    Yes you can. Evolution is the accepted status quo. All advancements are refinements to the theory.

Accepted by who? Very blanket statement that cannot be attributed to all scientists.

There has been no advancement in the answer to how RNA became DNA. If you have the study where definitive refinement has been made please disclose.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think it just means being open to the possibility that things can be perceived differently at different times for valid reasons. There is always the spectre of the undefinable "other". I like this late comment from James Lovelock too.

"One thing that being a scientist has taught me is that you can never be certain about anything. You never know the truth. You can only approach it and hope to get a bit nearer to it each time. You iterate towards the truth. You don’t know it."
  • cofty
    cofty
    There has been no advancement in the answer to how RNA became DNA. - Hadriel

I gave you the names of three scientists working at the cutting edge of this field and recommended a book that explains it.

You really have zero interest in the answer.

Every time you pose the "question" it changes.

First you rejected the idea of a RNA world

Then you demand to know how RNA could give rise to DNA

Then you insist the real problem has something to do with amino acids being "charged".

Then it's all about what catalyst was involved in connecting amino acids together.

Is it one or all of these that troubles you or is just the origin of life in general?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Uhhh evolution is a theory my dear. NOT a hypothesis but nice effort.

I wasn't talking about evolution. Try to keep up.

...and for the record closed minded people are not good scientists.

Nor are people who insist on staying wrong. Nor are people who don't keep up. Nor are people who bring religion into the lab.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You categorically cannot prove/disprove Evolution/Creation until you can define how RNA became DNA. How those amino acids became charge which began the proto-chaining of life.

Viv's Law strikes again. You show over and over you don't understand at all how science works.

Also, proofs only exist in math. You're thinking of evidence.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hadriel,

Pick up some books on abiogenesis, If you disagree with modern science and data that's up to you. If you choose to take an ancient Judeo Christian text found on desert scrolls as a superior source, then go for it. But it's the unqualified us and our opinion is hot air. The facts are driving the theories of today and if you don't believe us here on this forum when we explain why we believe in evolution etc ......then you don't believe us... So go read yourself, or don't.

Peolle that have researched themselves only have their own motive to question. Go look at the data yourself. It's laborious, difficult and takes years to appreciate, but the pursuit of truth is not convenient from my experience.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    God is real and I will tell you how one can know this. The main attribute of God is that he brought life to the Earth, sure there are others but this is the main thing. The human race is about to take life to another planet, Mars. On the day that an astronaut first steps on the Mars soil, God is proven as another lifeless planet is about to be colonized and habituated. So God is Knowledge, that can take you anywhere you choose to go.

None of what you said has anything to do with God, unless you worship man and science as your God.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

The endless folks that think I have any position one way or the other is fascinating. In all seriousness lets pick up this thread and re-read it for starters.

Again for the like 5th time. I neither accept wholly Creation or Evolution. NEITHER. why because yes I want to know what kicked off those amino acids caused chaining of DNA. I can't be more clear.

If you want to ignore the issue of RNA to DNA then you simply don't want to accept the fact that Evolution like Creation cannot be proven. Neither can life originating from some other planet outside our solar system.

I get it you don't want to address this very key issue because there's no answer hence it frustrates you and your firm belief of Evolution, probably because you don't like hearing that it is only a theory.

Still that is what we have, so lets quit assuming Hadriel believes in X because I simply don't have enough data and neither does anyone as we're missing this key component.

• Landy
    Landy
    probably because you don't like hearing that it is only a theory.

Oh dear. That's not how the word 'theory' is meant in a scientific sense. You should know that if you're basing any beliefs (or lack of) on scientific reasoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit