I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

The link to the site the OP doesn't Fi credible goes to this paper:

Asymmetric autocatalysis and amplification of enantiomeric excess of a chiral molecule

KENSO SOAI, TAKANORI SHIBATA, HIROSHI MORIOKA & KAORI CHOJI

Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Science University of Tokyo, Kagurazaka, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162, Japan

• Landy
    Landy
    I'm only mildly surprised that no one has mentioned that on the first page of this thread, the OP, a person with zero training in chemistry, much less organic chemistry, admitted that they are using their own made-up, not actual definitions for things.

Sorry, I was late to the thread. ;)

• cofty
    cofty

Kate - I Copy-pasted the abstract of Soai's world-famous 1995 paper from the website of one of the most respected peer-reviewed science journals on earth.

Is this group run by chemists or other people who don’t have scientific credentials? - Kate

"Nature is the world's most highly cited interdisciplinary science journal ... publishing the finest peer-reviewed research in all fields of science and technology.." http://www.nature.com/nature/about/

And you don't find it credible!

Soai ..didn't write the paper to solve the puzzle of homochirality. - Kate

"THE homochirality of natural amino acids and sugars remains a puzzle for theories of the chemical origin of life." - Kenso Soai

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Nature magazine not credible. FFS Kate.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Viv-"I say you're not me"

It just goes to show that it never pays to lie.

Viv-" but you're doing an excellent job and I endorse your efforts in this train wreck. In the end, your efforts should be seen as an ongoing attempt to help other people."

Thank you Viv. You're too kind.

Viv-" I've moved on from this forum, I occasionally check in..."

Me too, many moons ago. I got sucked back because I also 'occasionally checked in'. I should have known better. Hope you can resist where I failed.

Very commendable that you've managed to move on though. Well done.

Viv-" Here are a few threads you can just re-link to anytime you see arguments such as those you're seeing on this thread. It will save you a ton of time."

Thank you. I shall enjoy perusing through them later.

Viv-"Good luck."

Thanks. You too.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Kate,

The link Cofty posted

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v378/n6559/abs/378767a0.html

is the same as the link I posted.

[EDIT] - It didn't appear as a clickable link here either so I have made it so.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Viv I may have conceded to you on my " did man land on the moon?" thread, but sadly you weren't around for me to even the score on my " I AM THE WORLDS GREATEST LOVER" O.P -:(

Anyway back on topic, It's a great shame for entertainment value that Viv left the board when Slimboyfat returned, and now Viv returns and Slim has left. How is that on topic? Well it just proves so much of life just evolves simply by chance.

The Rebel.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

and now it's not anymore...

Just cut'n'paste Kate....

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    KateWild-" Is this group run by chemists or other people who don’t have scientific credentials?"

Does this mean that you are not prepared to consider an alternative opinion from anyone who is not a qualified chemist?

If so, there is little point to this 'debate'.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v378/n6559/abs/378767a0.html
    I don’t find this source credible.

Seriously? WTF? Close this thread...its pointless...her mind is made up no matter the evidence...the word "conclude" is a mistake in this thread title because the process of looking at both sides and then coming to an educated conclusion is not what is happening here.

End of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit