The Myth About Jehovah as a "GOD of LOVE".

by smiddy3 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The absolute bullshit that the wt and other religions put out about God is Love is absurd! The silly illustrations that they use by comparing god to a loving human father are ridiculously stupid!

What loving human father would allow his children to suffer the atrocities that humans suffer if he had the ability to stop such suffering? NONE!!!

To prove a point??

Gaslighting at it's finest!

just saying!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I would also like to hear from anybody that believes in God and that the Bible is the word of God .?

The Old Testament God isn`t referred to as the God of war for nothing,

How do you reconcile the Old Testament God with the New Testament God ?

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

No problem at all. If you read the New Testament from cover to cover you will see that they are in agreement.

And if God is Love? Yes, absolutely. There was no other good way to fix the mankind than let all that has happened unfold. Just think about what happened in the preflood world when people could live 900 years. Instead of becoming nicer they got worse. Only 8 persons believed God. But look now when people's life span is about 70 or 80 years, so many more believe God.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

1 Corinthians 13:4-7,13 states:
    “Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, and does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”

I thought of this scripture when I read this post and the comments. Did God really suffer long in the case of Adam and Eve? Did he keep account of the injury? Did he express sadness at this occasion? Did he really think of the long picture when he allowed Adam and Eve's sin to impact all their future children?

In regards to Adam and Eve's children, I think of this scripture.

Deuteronomy 24:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

But we, the children of Adam and Eve, are being punished for their sins. Adam was supposed to die for his sins as well as Eve. But in order for God to show how right wise and loving he was, billions of people were going to have to die in various and terrible ways.

Interesting post about how one person rationalized about David's child and the above scripture in Deut.

Second, the Scripture does not indicate that David’s child was being punished for David’s sin. Rather, the Bible indicates that the death of the child was David’s punishment

That makes a big difference - really?

Kosonen

And if God is Love? Yes, absolutely. There was no other good way to fix the mankind than let all that has happened unfold. Just think about what happened in the preflood world when people could live 900 years. Instead of becoming nicer they got worse. Only 8 persons believed God. But look now when people's life span is about 70 or 80 years, so many more believe God.

So it was a loving thing to get to a point in humanity, that they die quicker. Of course there is all the in between parts of illness and growing old and falling apart.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

It is like setting up a new enterprise. In the beginning things usually don't go as planned. But you work it out. You hire people but some make you disappointed. But you sort it out, but not in one day. And the final result is a joy for all who endured.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The envisioned gods from ancient civilizations had many variations of character some were powerful and vengeful some were loving, giving even motherly in character.

They had one thing in common though is that they were constructs of imagination and ignorance expressed by humans who were enduring ignorant of the world in which they lived .

Human ignorance is an indefensible fact.

• cofty
    cofty
    Just think about what happened in the preflood world when people could live 900 years. - Kosonen

How can anybody in the 21st century be no better informed than a Bronze Age nomad?

The word is perfectly designed to maximise the suffering of conscious creatures. There is no loving creator. That much is beyond doubt.

It's not that universe is malevolent, it's that the universe doesn't care. That's the disconcerting truth.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

So God is just a bad business person?

4 hours ago

It is like setting up a new enterprise. In the beginning things usually don't go as planned. But you work it out. You hire people but some make you disappointed. But you sort it out, but not in one day. And the final result is a joy for all who endured.

He created Adam and Eve. That 's a lot different than hiring someone off the street that you have nothing to do with. Joy to all those that endured God's failed business plan when he finally get's the result he wanted by letting billions suffer and then at the end wipes out the rest that doesn't fit his plan.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

There was no other good way of doing it. God created Adam and Eve with emotions and an intellect. But Adam and Eve decided to take the wrong way. They gave after to their desires. Instead they could have used their intellect to think if that was right or wise at least. It could have gone the other way. It was completely up to them. God did not fail in creating them such.

Some people just want to please God and others don't. Twins also develop different personalities. Why I don't know. It is just like that.

God said let us create man in our image. So Adam was as free as God to think and decide and he was created with emotions just as God has emotions. It was a great priviledge to be created according to God image, but it came with a risk being able to chose what to do. Either good or bad things.

But let's concentrate on the positive. We are living in the last days and soon every thing will be good. If we have difficulties to endure until it gets better, let's pray God's help to endure, even to be able to endure with joy!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I understand your thinking since I was raised in this religion. There is always a way to explain why things are ok being the way they are. An excuse for all the bad things according to what the bible says.

And yet, why is that? Why excuses and justifications on the behalf of God? It's the same for the Governing Body. When I grew up, there was never a discussion about whether the GB made mistakes - they were chosen by God's holy spirit as well as the elders. But now, they say they're just men who make mistakes. Makes them sound humble but it's just another way to deflect criticism.

I wouldn't have accepted cracks in this religion growing up. But eventually, events like the Dateline 20/20 show on how pedophiles are hidden in the congregations and not reported - articles on how it's ok to lie if for the good of the organization/god - and my sister's and husband experience with child sexual abuse found in the congregation and how the organization did exactly what the Dateline show revealed them to do.

I wish you the best Kosonen. It is up to each person to decide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit