The Myth About Jehovah as a "GOD of LOVE".

by smiddy3 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

I'm going to leave Johhny Boy and Fink to talk right past each other.

He is using it as a distraction to avoid the hard problems.

• johnamos
    johnamos

First thing there would be no going back to the WTS for me...I am not and was never a JW.

What is your issue with just answering the questions?

Would you feel it is okay for them to be there to do those things or would you want them to be removed from the island?

If you would want them to be removed, would that be unjust/unloving?

Would it be unjust/unloving to shoot the one breaking into your home?

[Psalm 37: 9 For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth. 10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.]

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well John I answered your question with honest open integrity, now the ball is in your court.

If the god of the bible was a loving and just god he would punish people who were intellectually dishonest and evasive when presented with the facts.

When Armageddon comes and your watching men, woman and children being burned alive, do remember this conversation will you .

END

• johnamos
    johnamos

You gave a reply back but you did not answer the questions.

Anyway, I know and you know that your answer would be that you would not want those 3 men on the island if those are the things they would be doing. If you were one of the 1,000 adults then you and the other 96 would agree that they must go and you would agree that you are justified in removing/killing them. It would not be an unloving thing to do but to the contrary it would be a loving thing for the sake of the 500 children and the 97 adults.

You can distort the picture of God and Armageddon to fit inline with what you think it is but the truth is ONLY evil ones are killed.

• cofty
    cofty
    truth is ONLY evil ones are killed.

What about all the infants God told Joshua to annihilate?

Are babies evil?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    truth is ONLY evil ones are killed.

Absolute NO. The Biblical god kills millions of innocent people who are in no way conencted to any Issue or crime.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Seems like Johnamos has deliberately calculated his own interpretation of the bible to suit his own argumentative agenda, that's why I called him out as being intellectually dishonest.

Quite frankly I dont think he's even read the bible in depth about the activity of Yahweh.

What is an inter-net troll ....

In internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

So, I only read the title of this thread and have no interest in reading of Jehovah's crimes. He makes me want to be a Satanist.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Just another example of why God is not a God of Love.

Even when Jehovah God -Christ Jesus cast Satan out of heaven [,only 6000 years after he"sinned"] proved Jehovah is not a GOD of LOVE ?

How so ?

Simply because he confined Satan to the earth .God wasn`t satisfied that he caused diseases of all sorts and death to punish humans for all of these years ,he decided humans needed Satan so he could cause more suffering and problems for humanity as if they didn`t have enough to contend with.

Why didn`t he confine him to some other distant planet in another Galaxy ? Where he couldn`t do any harm to anybody?

This is of course if you take anything written in the Bible seriously like JW`s are supposed to.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The important thing to understand about God is that he was not capable of building a safe world and managing mankind. When he met a bump in the road he decided to drown everyone on the planet except those few humans on the Ark.

Instead of learning from his mistakes. God sounds like a politician... "it's not my fault and I'LL start over with a few animals and a drunk Noah and his bickering family".....after I've killed every man, women, child and the unborn."

The Sin is on this cheesy god.

Of course this is all a fantasy as there is no scientific proof of a one off flood that could drown an entire planet.

On the other side of this discussion is the 'natural' death from the beginning of most every living animal and whatever human might have been around......... by meteorite strikes, earth quacks, floods in various places, severe storms, starvation, illness etc. etc' Lets not ignore pandemic outbreaks of diseases that could and did kill millions regardless of their religious beliefs.

If we can agree on one thing it's that God was a shitty world builder. He /she/ IT went out of their way to allow life to be totally unbearable even in those few best of times.

But none of this is real...the reality is There is No God, No Jesus, No Satan, No Demons, no Angels. No phony doctrines....no religion that say's it is the True religion.

The Proof of the pudding is in the taste. (Told to me by a rather interesting Pastor at the conclusion of our very pleasant religious combat ).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit