The Myth About Jehovah as a "GOD of LOVE".

by smiddy3 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

johnamos

I got my 6 points of the OP simply by reading the so called word of GOD ,if those experiences are not in your Bible then I would like to know what Bible you are looking at.

Have a look back again at the scriptures in the Bible that cofty posted and try to reconcile those scriptures that describe Gods acts of judgement against man woman and child and having them dashed to pieces.

If my memory serves me correct there are only about 10 individuals that can be attributed to Satan having caused their death whereas there are millions if not billions of human deaths that can be attributed to Jehovah/Yahweh God of the Bible.

A God of Love ?

I rest my case.

• cofty
    cofty
    Where do you get that sense to determine what is loving or unloving? - Johnny Boy

Jesus told us exactly what love is. 'No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.' John 1:18

So what does Jesus and the other inspired bible writers reveal about the meaning of love? Let's not judge god by our own standards but by his own words.

I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous... Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. - Matt. 5

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matt. 6

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. - Luke 6

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. - Luke 12

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. - Jas.1

"Love ... always protects" - 1 Cor.13

By god's own testimony then we can see that love is pretty much what we might have assumed from our own personal experience. Love involves concern for the welfare of others and, crucially, positive actions that promote the wellbeing of others.

So your accusation that we cannot presume to judge god because we can't understand the meaning of love is false. By comparing his own words with his actions recorded in the bible and the reality of our world we can conclude that GOD IS NOT LOVE.

• johnamos
    johnamos

YES, you got those 6 points from reading the Bible, and Jehovah didn't hold back from giving that info did he? Why do you think that is?

And for the umpteenth time where do you get your ability to LOVE and have a sense of what is right or wrong, just or unjust?

Also, you say Jehovah caused millions or even billions of deaths and due to that you rest your case that Jehovah is not a God of LOVE. Well what do you say about when those people are resurrected and have the chance to live forever ...is that unloving of Jehovah?

If now at the present time you have had someone you LOVED that has died and you were/are hurt and sadden and missing them and Jehovah resurrected that person tonight while you are sleeping and they knocked on your door in the morning and you opened it and saw them would you be THANKFUL to Jehovah or would you say that your glad that person is back but as far as Jehovah he is still a unloving God...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Johnamos says .........

If you lived on an island with 1,000 adults (men and women) and 500 children (boys and girls) and if only 3 men out of the 1000 adults were men that would rape, kill, and steal, etc.. would you feel it is okay for them to be there to do those things or would you want them to be removed from the island? If you would want them to be removed, would that be unjust/unloving?

Armageddon is loving and just. Those that will be killed will be those that are like the 3 men on the island and the one that robbed your home.

In your analogy you forgot to mention that YAHWEH killed innocent people, such as children during the Noah's flood only to save one family who after this killing genocide were not really good moral people.

.......and no I wouldn't want someone who robbed my home to be killed for it

According to the bible Yahweh/Jesus is going to kill all people who worshiped other gods who were never baptized in his name .

Your analogy is tainted with corruption just like the lying corrupt spin doctrines of the Watchtower Corporation and the men who run it.

• cofty
    cofty
    YES, you got those 6 points from reading the Bible, and Jehovah didn't hold back from giving that info did he? Why do you think that is? - Johnny Boy

Do you really imagine that without the bible none of us would know that love involves positive actions that promote the wellbeing of others? But in contrast to these statements we have god's actions in the bible.

How do we reconcile god's words that we should love our enemies as he does, with his actions that include genocide, infanticide, kidnap, rape and slavery? Do we do as god says or do we do as god does?

And for the umpteenth time where do you get your ability to LOVE and have a sense of what is right or wrong, just or unjust?

I explained that twice already. We are social creatures. Our moral instincts evolved in conjunction with our increasingly complex social groups. Even other social animals clearly show a sense of justice and fair play.

Watch this video its fucking hilarious. Even better do a search for the whole TED Talk 'Moral behavior in animals by Frans de Waal'

Also, you say Jehovah caused millions or even billions of deaths and due to that you rest your case that Jehovah is not a God of LOVE. Well what do you say about when those people are resurrected and have the chance to live forever ...is that unloving of Jehovah?

So far that promise has proven to be vacuous. But even if it was true it is monstrous.

Imagine that Nazi scientists had developed a drug that made their victim completely forget the unspeakable torture that they had undergone in sick experiments. Your logic would justify the worst horrors of Josef Mengele.

• johnamos
    johnamos

No I did not forget to mention anything you just failed to answer the questions....which were:

Would you feel it is okay for them to be there to do those things or would you want them to be removed from the island?

If you would want them to be removed, would that be unjust/unloving?

Would it be unjust/unloving to shoot the one breaking into your home?

• cofty
    cofty

Johnny Boy your god murders infants en masse so your metaphor is bollocks

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you would want them to be removed, would that be unjust/unloving?

You are not talking about having them removed, you are talking about killing them out right like Yahweh did at Noah's flood.

Yes I want them to be removed but wouldn't want them to be taken out to a field and burned to death as the bible writers say is going to happen.

The topical question at hand is if the god of the ancient Hebrews Yahweh really a god of love and just .

The evidence shown leads to the negative.

• johnamos
    johnamos

LOL...such evasion! You say that you would want them removed and not killed but if I asked you the same question worded differently you would state that you would want them killed. You refuse to answer the questions clear and honest because you know what it will reveal.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Your the one Brother johnamos who's being evasive and anyone reading this thread can see that.

Best to go back to the WTS/JWS and get more lessens in being intellectually dishonest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit