Goodbye Mother

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thank you all so much for your wonderful words of kindness and insight.

A friend of my son and I came along because he knew my Mum. Rev Ron of St Paul's New England Peterborough. We invited him. He is a genuine chap. A Nottingham lad who 'got religion' later in life.

He went to introduce himself to the Jobots, just to be friendly. (He was wearing his dog collar). He said, 'Hi. I'm Rev Ron, I was invited to come to this funeral.'

The crowd of Jobots ignored him and one of them said, 'We were invited too.' and left it at that. I spoke to Ron after and he just laughed about it because it displayed 'cult' 100%.

As JeffT said ,

They can't set their petty rules aside for five minutes and act like decent people.

the Jobots just can't let it go. I expect they felt really special being rude to a perfectly respectable bloke. Do they think this will attract people into their cult?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Being cult like to the extent of rudeness is downright disgusting, but the more they become entrenched in that kind of behaviour , the more people will be repelled , GOOD !

I am glad the occasion went well for you Punkie, keep that chin up ! Keep on Rockin' !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Like longy said

The religion caused them to lose their humanity.
  • NotFormer
    NotFormer

"Do they think this will attract people into their cult?"

It's probably more about circling the wagons; it's for the benefit of those who are in, rather than for outsiders. 🙄

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's just another piece of my history being erased.

Because I wasted so much time as a JW, I'm certainly not letting the cult get to my family.

I can bemoan a wasted life but I'm not wasting any more on a fake religion that only wants to bleed us all dry!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Punk... I am sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. Stay strong brother.

• psyco
    psyco

Sorry for your loss

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Do they think this will attract people into their cult?

My sincerest condolences for your loss.

The invited minister should have realized beforehand that he was outside his jurisdiction inside the kh. He is not a Rev inside the kh.

I have attended funerals for JW where their df family comes to the kh and all JW treat and greet the df family members with compassion and warmth and talk to them and comfort them. —Now if someone starts preaching another religion inside the kh, that is being disorderly and disrespectful.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Fisherman, did you actually read the post? This wasn't in a Kingdom Hall, but a funeral chapel. The Dubs were the strangers outside of their jurisdiction and acted like totally entitled prats!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Fisherman, did you actually read the post? This wasn't in a Kingdom Hall, but a funeral chapel. The Dubs were the strangers outside of their jurisdiction and acted like totally entitled prats!

Gotta agree Fishy. Mum was a jobot but grandson and son - chief mourners - were not, nor was the chapel of remembrance.

Punky my heart goes out to you dear forum friend😞 I'm so glad you had your boy with you. He sounds like a real goodunn <3 from everything I've heard about him. And I'm so glad The Botchtower lost its power to shun and destroy the love between the vertical bit of the Punk family.

...oh...and f*CK cancer🥀

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit