Goodbye Mother

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am sorry about your loss. It sounds like you gave your mum a very respectful and dignified send off.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Add my condolences also.

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

Really sorry for your loss. Mom’s are precious!

• JeffT
    JeffT

You have my condolences for your loss.

I think times of loss are when you really see the fruits of the Watchtower religion. They can't set their petty rules aside for five minutes and act like decent people. I wonder if any of them every actually see these services for what they are, or think about the impression they are really giving non-JW's.

I have to believe that anybody with half a brain will think they're all batshit crazy.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It must be painful enough without all the cult complications. my condolences and best wishes.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, to hear about your loss. It is so good you had family to help you with all the emotion and paperwork that comes with this. Yes, jw funerals have been recruitment ads for a long time. I have been to ones where the man giving the talk, mentioned the deceased life memories for about 60 seconds before launching into recruitment, some had never associated socially with the deceased (not da'd or df'd) and suddenly had time to attend the person's funeral. Let me tell you about something that happened in regard to a death of a jw and funeral. One day, one elderf noticed after some weeks, that an older woman who was faithful in attendance and "field service" who had a "non-believing" husband had not been there for some time.. Finally 2 elders went to call on her (unannounced of course), and her husband came to the door. The elders asked if his wife was home. Hubbie said, "she's been dead for 6 weeks and is buried, You can visit her at her grave," and shut the door in their face. So much for keeping track of the flock. Once again so sorry to hear of your loss. When you lose your last parent, it becomes a whole different world. Love, Blondie

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I'm so sorry you have lost your mother. It's difficult when one parent passes, but it's so much more difficult when the second one dies. I hope your children are a comfort to you. My parents have both passed away, I miss them, and at 72 yrs old, I consider myself an orphan.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I wonder if any of them every actually see these services for what they are, ~ JeffT

My mom, a loyal JW for 6 decades has advised us that she does NOT want a JW Commercial as her eulogy.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I'm sorry you lost your mom, punkofnice

I lost mine about a year ago.

-cc

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

To Punkofnice: condolences, my friend! 😞🥺

You come across to me as a pretty level-headed bloke. I'm glad that you were able to the funeral in such a way as to be meaningful for the non-Dubs, while your Mum's JW friends were still allowed to come. That they shunned everybody anyway speaks volumes about them. One picture is worth a thousand words. 🙄

I hope you heal from your loss swiftly and well. 🤞

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit