What Makes. Person A Pedophile?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

StephaneL ...

When you mention prevention, I don't think there will be many people who voluntarily hold up their hands and say, "I'm planning on being a pedophile" or "I'm planning on being a murderer."

My "prevention" comment dealt with people who have already committed an act.

I think it is very difficult to try to read minds regarding what a person might do in the future, thinks about doing or fantasizes about some act.

Rub a Dub

• cofty
    cofty

It would improve the safety of children if somebody who has sexual attraction of minors could go to their doctor and admit to that and volunteer for chemical castration and ongoing counseling and monitoring.

Some people's brains are wired that way. It doesn't excuse them acting on that impulse but they need help to control it.

Anybody who does assault a child should not be released until they submit to castration, chemical or physical.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    It would improve the safety of children if somebody who has sexual attraction of minors could go to their doctor and admit to that and volunteer for chemical castration and ongoing counseling and monitoring.
    Some people's brains are wired that way. It doesn't excuse them acting on that impulse but they need help to control it.

Yeah, agreed and this is unfortunate, because genetics gives a really tough hand of cards to some folks. We really need to stop pretending that we are all the same, and that beyond that it's all about choosing to do the right vs wrong things.

Just be thankful that you were not born with an addictive personality.

• waton
    waton
    In essence, it is not by calling these people out as monsters that we will reduce the occurrence of the crime.

SL; that is a 2 edged sword. The worst crime is, when a child id abused and then murdered to hide the identity of the rapist. Making the pedophiles aware of our disapproval our vigilance will reduce the crime.

The problem is too in the broad classification in the criminal code.

there are those that target the kindergarten population, others the primary school yard, then those that are attracted to the ones just newly into puberty and then,--- most of us, (sorry but true) that idealize the looks of 16-17.999 year olds. yet the latter group too is classified as pedophiles.

Solomon fantasizing about the Shulamite, was attracted to the barely mature by the way. Song 8:8. not a wise guy, let the bible not be a guide to be a hero.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Cofty what makes you think castration will stop a pedophile? It's more about control over a another person especially young weak children. I have not heard of anyone who were cured or stopped their sexual perversion. If you know of any please let us know. Still Totally ADD

• cofty
    cofty
    It's more about control over a another person especially young weak children - STADD

That is ideological claptrap. It is like saying an armed bank robber primarily wanted to control the teller and his interest in money was, at most, incidental.

Rape - against women, men or children is primarily about sex. No sex drive = vastly reduced chance of rape.

I have not heard of anyone who were cured or stopped their sexual perversion

'Physical castration, on the other hand, has been used primarily in Europe, has not been rigorously investigated, and remains a highly controversial and irreversible procedure. However, reported recidivism rates are strikingly better than those for chemical castration. Testosterone lowering therapy does offer a way to decrease and control the deviant sexual fantasies and urges of hard-core perpetrators. ' - Journal of Offender Rehabilitation

'Surgical castration reportedly produces definitive results, even in repeat pedophilic offenders, by reducing recidivism rates to 2% to 5% compared with expected rates of 50%. Chemical castration using LHRH agonists reduces circulating testosterone to very low levels, and also results in very low levels of recidivism despite the strong psychological factors that contribute to sexual offending... Chemical castration reduces recidivism effectively when offered to sexual offenders within the context of simultaneous comprehensive psychotherapeutic treatment.' - PubMed

• waton
    waton
    That is ideological claptrap.

c true.there is a case way back in germany where a mother shot a re-offending pedophile in the head, in court at his trial.

he had used substances to neutralize his chemical castration to restore the high of the desire.

perhaps pedo-phile is a mis -nomer, euphemism even, the condition has more to do with eros. Even the "greatest man that ever lived" had philia for children

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Solomon had a thousand concubines, so hardly a rolemodel for JWs but perhaps for Johnny Cash or Garner Ted Armstrong ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. He is like Nero connected to the 666 figure, something about being so blessed with earthly blessings they overcome you. With great fame comes a lot of willing women. I agree with the 15-16+ plus thing. I also imagine most of the guys they catch on to catch a predator etc. go after teens because they find the modern grown women too difficult and intimidating. Despite knowing of the strong punishments for this especially in the US, that desire for sexual satisfaction is strong.

• waton
    waton
    the 15-16+ plus thing.

JB75, sexual predation is taboo under 18. This youthful desire in looks is a evolutionary heritage.

reflected clearly in the preferred female images in the media, model norms. In France couture magazines were discouraged to use 12 year old's body images in their collages.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Waton,

Oh yes I agree entirely. You can also see in Japan where Abrahamic religion had little influence a different view on underage nudity etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit