What Makes. Person A Pedophile?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It seems the news always has another report of a pedo stalking children or hurting them. I know this has gone on forever but I read another report of an illegal alien with a history of abuse taking advantage of another poor child.

I just don’t understand why some people do this. Is there an actual brain abnormality? Something misfired in the head??

And of course it’s not just men who prey on kids. Female teachers have been convicted of going after young teens and even younger.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Is there an actual brain abnormality? Something misfired in the head??

If only there were a place where a person could look up information like that LOL! (wake up and smell the internet) LOL!

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+causes+pedeophilia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah they say the causes are not known.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I read an article about this...there are 2 kinds. The first kind is BORN this way, they know it’s wrong, but cannot control these impulses. The other kind are (mostly) men with poor social skills, can’t talk to grown women, etc. They can be helped with counseling and drugs. The others, who are born with attraction to kids, can only be stopped by castration or prison. The article also said that in England, when they identify the ones born with these tendencies, are provided, thru the NHS, with blow up dolls that are made to look like children, for these goofballs to use, instead of hurting real children. These dolls are not available in the US.

• minimus
    minimus

So if they are really born that way they have to learn how to control their natural impulses.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Yes, but most don’t.

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

Perhaps it can also be influenced generationally. A person once afflicted and with certain personality or mental tendencies, but never treated, can also become one who perpetrates. I know of a case where that was so.

It does NOT mean that those who suffered will perpetrate...at least, not without the other conditions also being present. I also know of those who were perpetrated against who became healthy adults.

But it is striking that a boy who was 3 and perpetrated against by an older girl...not old enough to know better, mind you, continued to "have issues" with young girls the age of his perpetrator, all the way into his adulthood. (From the way it was told, I am certain the little girl was also being abused. I was not there, however.)

• minimus
    minimus

Sad to see what happens to these poor helpless kids.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

According to the Oxygen program on pedophiles those who are pedophiles abuse an average of 100 to 150 victims in their life time. Often makes me think about those poor children in a kingdom hall with one of those sick ones. Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sad very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit