Norway

by St George of England 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

That's a pretty good example, Beth Sarim. 👍👌🖖

As it is, WT is an accessory before and after the fact when they 1: Tell JWs not to report crimes and 2: Cover up said crimes.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They will get their behinds smacked blue.

By being thrown under the bus by the GB,,,, the elders will.

And take the fall for it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don’t actually have much of a problem with throwing asshelders under the bus.

As long as they don’t just single out one or two as scapegoats and then declare that they’ve cleaned house, like that Abu Ghraib horseshit back in the 00’s.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

A CO told me that Legal will never choose to go back to court on the legality of door to door work because times have changed - and they would lose. That is what Legal told him.

It can also be said that in most cases, WTC Legal doesn’t know when to stop. They are not “true believers” so it’s not about believing that God will help them prevail.

I think that they think the courts will hold them in awe like the rest of Bethel does - including the GB. They are 2nd rate attorneys who don’t realize it yet. They were selected because they are JWs, not Legal Eagles.

Their arrogance will be their undoing.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Point two: Norway's decision is an outlier. No other European governments are showing any signs of doing what Norway did.

To be fair, I'm not sure there are too many countries although allowing Watchtower to claim charitable status that actively give cash donations to Watchtower. Those that do I'm sure will be taking notes.....🤔

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Why is WTBTS accepting cash from the government in the first place. Being no part of this world etc etc, they should return the money they receive because money (esp.government money) always comes with strings attached. The strings here is that the government will dictate how they run their organization, which as a donor, is their right to direct how the money is used.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Not only does it seem inconsistent for them to accept government subsidies, they are turning to secular courts to try to get those payments reinstated.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. ThomasMore’s post…

So…

…the fornication stakeout guys think they’re hard-boiled detectives…

…the JC elders think they’re hotshot prosecuting attorneys…

…the Legal Department thinks they’re superheroes…

…and the Governing Body thinks they’re God’s mouthpiece on Earth.

How the fuck have they even survived this long?

😵‍💫

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit