Norway

by St George of England 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

So the WT Society is going to contest the recent Norway ruling.

Jehovah’s Witnesses to Appeal Unconstitutional Ruling in Norway (jw.org)

Their true colours are shown in the statement: "The decision to deregister Jehovah’s Witnesses denies us the financial aid and other benefits that the government provides to over 700 registered religious communities in the country. Additional consequences include losing the right to appoint and authorize ministers of Jehovah’s Witnesses as officiants for weddings."

George

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I thought that when the Borg lost in Norway on March 4th,, that the Borg would appeal it in less than a month.

I was right

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

And now expect just the same old guilting for more money ploys.

Pleading on the children & most vulnerable/gullible & ramped up pandering for donations.

As the lawyer and court costs ratchet upwards.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

WTC is without question the most litigious organization on earth. They have made themselves a stench in government circles and a laughingstock among legitimate religions. While there was a time that they fought for freedom of speech and worship, that time has long passed.

Now they fight for money, and then money and later more money.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I hope they lose this appeal.

The JW's need to face the fact that they are NO different than any of the other religions they demonize for being money hungry!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Like I always say.

Whenever it comes down to $$$$ or legal issues,,, we truly see what this Borganization is about.

We really see them spring into action. Mobilized.

All the time.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"I hope they lose this appeal"

Not only that. But I hope they're stupid enough to appeal to the European Supreme Court. Lose there too and then every country in Europe will want nothing to do with the Borg.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Saying "this decision denies us money and perks" is just stating the obvious. That is the whole idea behind the decision-- to put pressure on them to change the shunning policy or lose out on benefits. Whether or not it is unconstitutional is yet to be determined.

The thing I found cringe-worthy is their willingness to lump themselves in with all of those other religious groups that get government funding and perks. Whatever happened to 'not being a part of this world'? Shouldn't they be celebrating the way they are being singled out, unlike all of those 'false religions'?

This is also an opportunity for them to show that they will not bow to pressure. If the court upholds the withdrawal of their official registration, will they keep the shunning rules intact? Or will those rules change? Will they change the shunning rules and apply for registration again? Because that would sound like they gave in. That would sound like they prefer to be treated like all of the other religions. That would mean they put money and perks before their own integrity.

Come on, WatchTower! Show the world that you can't be swayed by money and official government recognition! Be proud of standing alone and rejecting any deals with Satan's world!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ironic.

The Borg puts itself in with the organization it condemns to get government funding,perks and tax breaks.

They rely on governments and such institutions which it condemns, for its longevity and survival

They exclaim all the time ""no part of the world"" ,,,"unity"" & then they depend on such organizations.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

They could take the high road, of course. Approach the government department that decided to deregister them, ask them what needs to change to be re-registered, change it and ask to be re-registered. Simple.

But WT loves taking governments to court, trying to make said governments look like fools in the process. Dem days is over. Governments are getting tired of religious freedom being used as a cover for tax fraud and crappy behaviour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit