Does anyone know of this guy, or agree with his statements on racial differences in IQ?

by Sugar Shane 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Talking about Arabs having low iQ is laughable. If there's one group who contribute many surgeons, scientists and engineers it's people from the Muslim countries. I don't know one single Muslim who doesn't have a professional job ( unless they own a business). Whatever you think of their religion and culture calling them stupid is plain wrong.

Just sayin'

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

There are racial differences in IQ. Fact. Uncomfortable fact, but it's a fact.

This isn't a bad thing, though. This doesn't mean one race is superior to another.

I technically have a much higher IQ than my wife, but she's still the smart one, in my opinion. I've made a lot of poor decisions in my life, but I wouldn't say that about her. She handles the finances and is more responsible with adulting than I am.

I was evaluated when I was 22 by a psychiatrist and told I had a 142 IQ.

People tell me that's high and that it's low-end genius level. But I don't see it. I don't feel like a genius. Like I said, I've made some very dumb decisions in my life. Bad financial decisions, bad career decisions, and bad education decisions.

However, I have always been good at taking tests. Especially tests that contain a good portion of multiple choice questions.

Just because someone is good at taking tests doesn't make them superior at anything but taking tests.

So, I don't put a lot of stock into IQ when it comes to success. It's just a number and isn't a good measure on whether a person is good at life, a good person, or not.

• LV101
    LV101

The Jewish people really push and inculcate in their people higher education and The Nobel Peace awards. Their brains are focused from a very young age -- a good thing and it obviously pays off. Not all Jewish children nor children of other races, religions, have the same opportunity, of course. They pride themselves on having professional, successful, status. I've a couple of friends who joined the Jewish ranks (married Jewish men) and education/wealth is huge inside the temple -- status, wealth, Nobel award, everything -- makes the non-Jewish population seem like country bumpkins. They excel in many arenas.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I have lived in areas that have had black populations. Their culture is corrupt. Pants down to their knees, talking like a 5yo. Let me ax you . drugs, rap crap ect. This said. I had noticed something back in the day when I lived in the little town of Arcadia fla. It had a "black section" There were several sisters who went to the hall from that area. I noticed that when there was just one sister there, she was very quite and reserved. But it two or more were then they would sit together and start hooping and laughing very loud. They were not trying to be obnoxious in any way but it was in their nature to be very emotional. Races are different. I don't call it superior or inferior and there are exceptions to the rule. Asians are much more astute in things like math than other races. not all but as a general rule. Some of it is culture and how they are raised. Heck maybe it all is. Its the old breeding or culture argument.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I heard somewhere that Ashkenazi Jews score very highly in verbal intelligence but only average in spatial awareness. I guess it's why there are plenty of Jews in fields such as poetry, script writing, literature, etc. but not so much in engineering.

I also heard that Chinese and Japanese scored very highly in spatial awareness and figures. These East Asians tend to be over-represented in fields like engineering and computer programmers.

The program I saw was Stefan Molyneux on Dave Rubin's show.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Doc: NOT a politically correct thread.
    Think I'll skip it.

Me too

But for the reason that the "science" these "facts" have been derived from is incorrect

Incorrect research incorrectly done and incorrectly interpreted

Hogwash

Look up Rushton. The guy whose "work" these notions rest on - a Canadian prof that taught in eastern Canada - there are far more critics of his sloppy research than there are supporters. The only* place you will find Rushton believers is in politics and religion. Go figure

*That could be a hyperbole. I tend to go a bit overboard sometimes. Especially when the claim to facts is based on really really bad science

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Look up Rushton. The guy whose "work" these notions rest on - not just Rushton ... the US army has been doing IQ tests for some time on new recruits.

This policy was done so that the army could identify high IQ scores and then train these highly intelligent recruits to be leaders or special service soldiers. The army apparently started to find that different groups had different mean IQs.

Also, I notice that you didn't say that the correct research shows no difference of mean IQ between groups, and give a scientist's name.

I mean, how can Prof Rushton's research be 'wrong'?

All that has to be done is have a large enough sample size for each group, give the subjects the IQ tests and calculate the mean IQ scores.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot
    Nobel Prize winners Jewish
    As of 2017, Nobel Prizes have been awarded to 892 individuals, of whom 201 or 22.5% were Jews, although the total Jewish population comprises less than 0.2% of the world's population. This means the percentage of Jewish Nobel laureates is at least 112.5 times or 11,250% above average.

As of 2015, twelve Nobel Prize laureates have been Muslims, more than half in the 21st century. Seven of the twelve laureates have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. (Peace prize = encouragement award).

With just over 6.5 million Jews, Israel is the only Jewish majority and explicitly Jewish state. Jewish population figures for the United States are contested, ranging between 5.7 and 6.8 million. (The core global total of Jews jumps above 15 million if the highest American estimates are assumed).

There were 1.8 billion Muslims in the world as of 2015 – roughly 24% of the global population – according to a Pew Research Center estimate.

Muslims out number Jews more than 100:1, all cultures are equal, yeah right...
  • LV101
    LV101

I think blownaway summed it up -- it's culture and how one is raised. Compare the Jewish belief system to the JWs where education and excelling in life are opposite the graph/what a dichotomy! Sad! Children are their environ w/exceptions to the rule, of course. There have been psychologists (famous like Watson and others) state they can take a child and develop it into whatever they choose. They can develop that blank canvas (mind) into whatever they desire. It's amazing. Unfortunately, not everyone has the Jewish game plan. Wacko WT were asleep on the higher education fundamentals except for their own benefit to have their professional needs met.

The Morman religion has copied the Jewish fundamentals of education/education/education -- prominence in the community and excelling in professions - business, whatever, elevates. Very interesting. There are so many Morman people in the medical and legal world today. The church rakes in lots of money and their adherents have a comfortable livelihood equaling a WIN-WIN! Stupid Watchtower!

• OrphanCrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit