My DA letter

by Winston Smith :>D 74 Replies latest members private

• abbagail
    abbagail

Loved every word of it! not too long at all! as a matter of fact, I was so enthralled in it, I wanted it to keep going and going! Really beautiful indeed. How could anyone not be touched by it and your sincerity, humility?

You said you wanted to 'filter it down' before sending to friends. FWIW, I think you should send it to all your 'friends' just the way it is.

Also, siince you hadn't turned it in yet, I felt a little 'worry' for you that you may be 'found out' by posting it here BEFORE you turned it in... guess it's the old WT paranoia working on my brain. :-/

Congratulations on the final cord-cutting!
    Grits

• greven
    greven

It is a very VERY good letter.

Just one thing: You wrote to appeal to their mind. Which is good. However you made the mistake of first claiming that you solely used the bible and literature from the WTS, but then later mentioning the UN connection, Mexico/Malawi etc. These are fine points but will send up red flags immediately. They point to outside influence internet and Ray Franz or scary apostates....

On the whole you letter is touching and warm, it doesn't have a spiteful-apostate-feeling to it but more a hurt-and-stumbled-sheep-feeling. Very good! I will save it for later reference!

Greven

• blondie
    blondie

Very good, Winston, Not too much to overwhelm them. Just enough of "their own words" to be convincing. You will have more success with your friends that aren't elders. Elders have had their consciences seared by more experiences in the congregation that are hidden from the rank and file. They have to "give in" to situations they know the Bible doesn't support to have "unity" on the body. I like the way you show that you aren't "leaving Jehovah" just a man-made organization that has demonstrated it does not follow God but their own rules.

Blondie

• Will Power
    Will Power

This is a great letter Winston, I hope it is received with the sincerity and compassion it was written.

I wish someone would send it to my husband.

What man would allow another man to come in between him and his wife? No one! In fact, the bible clearly states that the two would be so close that they would be one flesh. No one can come between ones who are one flesh. And to drive the point home about how close Jesus is to the congregation, Paul here says that the sacred secret is that Jesus is ONE FLESH with the congregation. No man or organization can come between them, not even a Governing Body. Would anyone honing in on the relationship between Jesus and the congregation be considered adulterer?

The WTS & ITs representatives have wedged themselves between us, and I wonder why I feel as if it is an affair I am dealing with.

I thank you for your letter, and mostly this paragraph.

Will power

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Damn straight shootin, boy!

The only pity I feel is that such a fine letter was wasted on people who will only give it a cursory glance until they get to the last paragraph with DISASSOCIATE up there.

Anyway, congratulations. It was probably the most cogent argument against organized religion I've ever heard.

CZAR

• shamus
    shamus

<applause from Shamus!>

• elamona
    elamona

That is a terrific heart felt letter. How painful and hurtful it must have been for you to have to come to this decision. But it was not written in vain. Your quest to know the true God not bound by WTBTS rules and fear will be rewarded 100 fold. May God give you peace and reward your efforts to find Him.

• Lutece
    Lutece

This is going in my arsenal of information gathered from this site that I can unleash on my mom and others when they're ready. I think it's a masterpiece. :)

Anne

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Excellent letter Winston! I love the part about the Awake masthead. That was an excellent point.

I noticed you've been away for a while, and I was wondering what the hell was going on. Obviously you've been busy. It almost seems like you told yourself something that I often tell myself, "I'd better do it before I don't". I've always questioned myself when it comes to putting off important matters, "Why wait? I'm going to have to do it sometime."

Please keep us updated on how your wife is taking all this. I'm afraid that the worst may be yet to come.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

What a wonderful letter! I'm going to print it out and keep it in my "Elders" folder which I have waiting for the time when the elders come and visit me. It's a real dusty folder right now . . . .

You covered EVERYTHING. Good for you. I wish your wife would read it with an open mind.

Cheers and a standing ovation,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit