Exjw activists protesting inside a Kingdom Hall today!

by Crazyguy 110 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LV101
    LV101

I try to understand the negatives/positives of protestors. If no one protests anything how does the message get out?! It takes action to start any movement. I know it's a self-awakening type thing, however, the protestors I noticed at the first huge circuit convention I ever attended at Dodgers or Long Beach certainly raised questions in my head along with my own concerns. The kindest/smiling guy handing out pamphlets spoke to us and I wanted to accept his offering. We slowed down and listened for a few seconds, and I'll never forget. I was amazed how many protestors with signs were in the entrance medium and I wondered what possibly could be their reason to take the time/effort to inform others and I should have called the 800 number on their signs. I wanted to!

Can't wait to watch the video - thanks for the share.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

theres nothing new about apostate extreme behaviour--especially at large assemblies. i remember watching a few when i was a young teenager ( early 60's ) outside Twickenham UK. mostly harmless ranters. one or two a bit scary. no one took any notice of them. just sad cases really.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Jesus replied, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." - Luke 9:62

Usually it's better to just move on with your life and don't look back.

Helping people that have left or are in the process of leaving is definitely an important thing.

"Activism," insofar is it has the ostensible goals of helping "True Believers" wake-up or reforming the cult are generally counterproductive and a waste of time and energy that could be better spent elsewhere.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm not a big fan of invading the Kingdom Hall like this but this particular protest was handled better than most I've seen.

As unreasonable as it is, the protesters message was discounted heavily by those in attendance, just based upon their appearance. JW's have great disdain for the world and anyone who appears to be part of it. They dismiss anyone who doesn't look like them, especially at the Kingdom Hall. If the protesters would have dressed in "meeting clothes" the JW audience would have been more likely to identify and sympathize with them because they appeared to be "one of them" rather than dismiss them as scary apostates.

What about the "attendant" who was waving his arms and blocking that woman from filming. What was he trying to prevent her camera from seeing? He was going above and beyond the call of duty which often happens when you give the merest amount of authority to someone with very little personal power of their own.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

We need the aggressive activists reaching the public. We need the passive activists reaching the JWs. This type of thing could be effective to first time visitors but would only enforce a persecution complex by those deep inside.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    When I was a young man a 18 old girl I knew was raped then dfd for it. I thought this was just a crazy case of 3 elders just being insane so I stayed in the cult. If I would of known that this is a common practice I would of left over 20 years ago and my kids would not have been raised in this evil cult.

crazy guy hits the nail on the head with this, and it's why letting them know that these issues are NOT isolated incidents in their hall or 'imperfect men' but institutionalized problems.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    I'm not a big fan of invading the Kingdom Hall like this but this particular protest was handled better than most I've seen.

Those were my thoughts exactly.

If the protesters would have dressed in "meeting clothes" the JW audience would have been more likely to identify and sympathize with them because they appeared to be "one of them" rather than dismiss them as scary apostates.

Very thoughtful post Pete Zahut!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've reached a point where I really dislike this king of thing. I can't see much difference between JW's running around trying to make more JW's, and XJW's running around trying to make more XJW's. Just do what you want and let others do what they want.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They were lucky not not have the police called and be arrested for disturbing a private religious practice in session.

There are laws against this.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I think protesting in a respectful quiet manner like the recent polish activism videos shown on this forum are more dignified. People are naturally curious and will want to know WHY individuals are going out of their way to protest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit