"Even if this wasn't the truth, I would still stay. This is the best life to live..."

by HereIgo 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• AMNESIANO
    AMNESIANO

This disingenuous claim on the part of JWs is one I believe clearly illustrates their insufferable arrogance and the hypocrisy of their conceit that their religion is the one-and-only Truth by which one can be saved.

Below are variations of one basic response with which an active, awakened JW might counter such dishonesty in order to start to awaken others:

-If that's true, why do we go out in service? That's the same response we frequently encounter while going door-to-door by those who have their own religion and are happy with it. If it doesn't matter, then, whether one's religion is The Truth or not as long as their members are fulfilled and happy, why are we instructed to overcome this so-called objection by trying to convince them they must leave the religion they feel is the best way of life for them even if it's not The Truth and become a JW in order to be saved?

-If that's true, why do we go out in service? Since we are taught that there is only The [one-and-only] Truth or [all else that is] False Religion, you believe that it's acceptable to Jehovah to practice a religion that is not The Truth as long as it seems to the one practicing to be the best way of life--like you?

What's happened to the scripture at Romans 10:2 that's constantly drilled into us: "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God but not according to accurate knowledge"?

-If that's true, why do we go out in service? If it doesn't matter whether one is practicing The Truth as long as he feels it's the best way of life for him, why is this position not also the prerogative of the non-religious person whose secular life he feels suits him best?

-If you believe that, then which of the following is the case: One need not have The Truth to be saved? Or you're okay with being destroyed by God at Armageddon?

-If this is not The Truth it's by-definition false. So now it's our false religion that is better than everybody else's false religion, that we are required to recruit people to even though Jehovah will destroy all false religion?

-----

I believe Herelgo is on point in his/her OP: the assertion itself betrays that one secretly feels impelled to have a just-in-case defense (both for himself privately and for others if the subject arises) for remaining in a religion that is not what it professes to be, i.e., The Truth that leads to eternal life. The assertion is irrefutable evidence of the existence of a significant lurking doubt a person feels the need to justify to himself.

AMNESIAN

Captive 07/1972 - 02/2001

• John Free
    John Free

This statement is made by those who don't know the real world. It isn't too dissimilar to the thought stopping phrase 'where else is there to go?'. Witnesses have been indoctrinated to believe that the world is a dark, dangerous place. Behavioural control by the Borg has caused witnesses to feel uncomfortable among non members. Hence we get ignorant statements like these.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Conversely, I remember in the early 90's when I was finishing high school my parents said "If there was another organization that had the Truth we would join it. This one does not have the love of the Christ." Of course, they remain faithful even until this day. In spite of the way our family was treated, all the doctrinal changes, and how long this "wicked, old system" drags on.

• Scully
    Scully

That's what people with Stockholm Syndrome say too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This proves that "truth" is not of any importance to Witnesses then.

Their comment can be re-worded to:

"even if all I believe in is a lie, I am happy both believing untruths, and teaching such to others"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

On a personal note, it is precisely because I value TRUTH and HONESTY that I stopped being a witness!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

They mean even if the new system isn't coming the JW way of life, moral, loving your neighbour etc is the best way.

Since being out and meeting ordinary people I find that in every group you find the odd one who is very unpleasant, who will stab you in the back soon as look at you, but in JWs I felt I was in a whole hall full of people who hated me, hated themselves, hated their lives.

If you've never been among normal people try it, there's more love and kindness in the world than you'll ever find in a KH.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think i could be a dub again--if only i didnt have to shun people...go to meetings--or even worse:arsemblies. or go door knocking.

i suppose belief in a god would be a help too.

well--at least i dont smoke anymore--so i'm half way there.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Having to suppress any original thought that doesn't jive with established doctrine under threat of ostracization is "the best way to live"?

Anticipating a near-extinction-level event to wipe out over 99% of your own species is "the best way to live"?

Living in silent fear of not surviving said event due to not following the rules well enough is "the best way to live"?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    nowwhat?So getting up and dressed. on Saturday morning after working all week. Just to drive around and knock on not at homes. And then go to a snoozefest meeting on a Sunday afternoon, then turn around and have to go to work on Monday. Is the best life ever?

Well said !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit