"Even if this wasn't the truth, I would still stay. This is the best life to live..."

by HereIgo 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

They are just hedging their bets, so as to justify not waisting their lives

• carla
    carla

Phoebe said, "My dad said it all the time. He'd even say it to people in the ministry."- I wonder if jw's realize that to a non jw ear it sounds exactly like the jw does in fact think it is not entirely the 'truth'? Not only that, it sounds like a cult where the members are brainwashed or otherwise coerced into staying.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Living Translation
    So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies.

2 Thessalonians 2:11

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

"Even if this wasn't the truth, I would still stay. This is the best life to live..." - if a JW tried 'the world' but returned to the WT and came to this conclusion I may disagree but he's allowed his opinion.

However, I wonder how many born-ins who know nothing else have said this?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Chook hit it right on the nose.
    ( i remember thinking and saying it too, so let's not forget may of use were there at some point.)

They are just hedging their bets, so as to justify not waisting their lives
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So getting up and dressed. on Saturday morning after working all week. Just to drive around and knock on not at homes. And then go to a snoozefest meeting on a Sunday afternoon, then turn around and have to go to work on Monday. Is the best life ever?!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I am fully awakened to the fact that the Bible is a text open to human interpretation, therefore, this is just another religious organization based on their ever changing take on said literature.

Having been indoctrinated for life, it's become my natural choice in worship.

I have really, really, really tried hard, but just can't deal with the "anything goes as long as you're not hurting anyone" attitudes of today's world.

I am truly a walking contradiction: Dislike preaching, the many meetings and assemblies, etc., and yet, in my heart of hearts, even with my procedural disagreements, being a JW and sharing with other like-minded is what brings happiness into my life.

Crazy situation. I know.

DY

• Laika
    Laika

I remember saying this myself a few times as a believer and yet as soon as I stopped believing I found keeping up the pretense miserable and couldn't wait to leave, which I guess says a lot.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I have a relative who always says "if I am wrong it will be no loss because I have lived a clean life but if the world is wrong it will cost them their lives.". She credits the truth with her giving up smoking etc so it is the best life ever for her.

• cofty
    cofty

DY - Your position is not morally neutral. You are giving your tacit support to an organization that does tremendous harm.

Don't think you are a passive observer of oppression.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit