WARNING! If you DELIBERATELY avoid the JW memorial.....

by BoogerMan 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

Thomas , l missed that blockbuster. Who played Joshua ? Charlton Heston l expect .

Jan

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Charlton Heston played Moses, of course. ;)

I can't tell you how many times we watched that movie. In the days before the internet, we were captive to whatever the handful of available channels had on. I think I've blocked out the memories of all of the times I saw The Wizard of Oz, Gone With the Wind, The Sound of Music, and so on.

• jhine
    jhine

I thought that old Charlie had the monopoly on Biblical characters. 😂

Jan

• Hopeless1
    Hopeless1

Jan,

Good evening, - in case no-one answered your question,

Where does it say in the Bible that wilful disregard of the Passover was punishable by death?”

The relevant scripture is Numbers 9:13, the term “cut off from his people”,

(Strongs Hebrew 3772) ‘Karath’, is variously interpretation according to the

person or persons doing the interpretation, if that makes sense?

To Jehovah’s Witnesses it means death, in this case.

• jhine
    jhine

Thanks Hopeless 1 . I have looked at Karath and as you say it can mean a variety of things including but not only physical death .

It obviously suits the WT to use the meaning that helps them scare people into obedience.

Jan

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""It obviously suits the WT to use the meaning that helps them scare people into obedience ""

One of the Borg's control mechanisms, that which is fear.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I attended Memorial faithfully from 1973 to 1987. For every single one of those the announcement contained a statement that we needed to attend because "this might be the last memorial ever." I can't remember if we went in 1988, it was during the time my wife and I were in our research phase. By the time memorial 1989 had rolled around I concluded the Watchtower didn't know what it was talking about.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

. . . what more severe punishment can there be than death, HELL perhaps?

Zoom participation was o.k. for the past couple of years, enjoying crackers and wine in the comfort of my home. I will continue doing it.

• Splash
    Splash

In the months before I left I was an MS doing the sound for the memorial.

An elder was one of the servers, passed the bread plate all around the back rows then headed towards me.

I decided I didn’t need to be part of that ritualistic nonsense so put my hand up in a ‘stop’ way. The puzzlement stopped him in his tracks and was broadcast in his expression. After a minute to process this he moved onto serve those sat in the back rooms.

Then came the wine, and the same routine.

As expected, immediately after the memorial finished I was called into the back room by the elder and COBE and asked to explain myself.

I simply asked if it was mandatory to handle the emblems. Of course the answer was “No, but… (nothing)”.

I wished them a good evening and went back into the hall.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

They have said missing assemblys is punishable by death also. Thought Jesus died for our sins and Old mosaic Law was removed with that. According to GB the death of Jesus seem not to be enough for removal of sin and law. So why have the memorial at all? Jesus death seem not to amount to much according to watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit