WARNING! If you DELIBERATELY avoid the JW memorial.....

by BoogerMan 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

.......you will experience a fate worse than death! You have been warned - don't come crying to me if you don't go. You've got ONE month to change your mind.

w72 3/15 p. 167 - “Therefore, anyone deliberately staying away from this celebration, on March 29, does well to consider this question: If willful disregard of the ancient Passover was punishable by death, would not a more severe punishment be meted out to one who spurns the Lord’s Evening Meal...?”

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m just glad they aren’t really running a country, it would be a spiritual North Korea, with beatings, stonings, etc. If they had REAL power, they could damage a lot of people. Similar to living under the Taliban.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

would not a more severe punishment be meted out to one who spurns the Lord’s Evening Meal...?”

SPURN: reject with disdain or contempt.

Sounds a lot like going to memorial and sitting there and then REJECTING the crackers and wine that Jesus instructed to eat and drink! Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body which is to be given in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me."

Now who is it that tells the R&F JW that they are to spurn the bread and wine?

• Biahi
    Biahi

It’s Satanic to refuse the bread and wine.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

FedUpJW, you got that Spurn correct! They promote the memorial as all about the anointed rather than forgiveness of sins for the MANY ( Matt 26:28 )

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Isn't sitting through a memorial service already a fate worse than death?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    .......you will experience a fate worse than death!

I already have. It was called being a Jehovah's Witness(tm)

• jhine
    jhine

Where does it say in the Bible that wilful disregard of the Passover was punishable by death?

Jan

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Well Boogerman, you convinced me. I'm going.

Jan - didn't you watch The Ten Commandments where Joshua just barely got inside the house before the angel mist went by?!

I have heard many JWs equate deliberately missing the memorial with the unforgivable sin.

Frankly it has bothered me for many years that Jesus said to "keep doing this in remembrance of me" but when I went, I never drank the wine or ate the bread. At his last Passover meal, everyone ate and drank. WTC says Judas did not stay for the bread and wine passed after the meal but that's for another day to discuss. What's the point if you don't share in the very things that he said stood for his blood and perfect body?

Oh well - I have no explanations for the disconnect on that one other than, "Because Judge Rutherford said not to".

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I never could figure out why it was so important for ones to show up once a year and that's it! Easter and Xmas Christians! Mom went with me once and Dad went with me once. I likely only invited them once. What's was the point other than going along with the crowd. ( group think )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit