WARNING! If you DELIBERATELY avoid the JW memorial.....

by BoogerMan 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Even when I was an Elder(tm), it was the same clique that did all the talks and prayers. I was seen as a bit of a liability and one of the clique wanted to bang my then wife.

I was always held at arms length. Lucky if I got to pass the plates.

Of course all those that you hadn't seen in ages would somehow turn up. I wonder if that's still the case?

• Vintage
    Vintage

It was over ten years ago that I attended my last JW memorial. At one of the last ones I attended (sorry I now can't recall which event happened at which year's memorial), I sat near the front row. The elder giving the talk looked at me when he said, "And some only show up here for memorial and don't attend any of the other meetings during the rest of the year". I think he added some sort of snort of disgust, saying something like, "As if that will save them". It was the closest thing to Tony Morris blowing out the match that I'd ever seen or heard... and he was looking at "me".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    vintage...not computer viny - I think he added some sort of snort of disgust, saying something like, "As if that will save them". It was the closest thing to Tony Morris blowing out the match that I'd ever seen or heard... and he was looking at "me".

I've often said that the Elders(tm) who are a bit dim witted and/or part of the elite clique, will reflect the disgusting attitude that filters down from the Governing Body(tm)(Pee be upon them). That's why they are company men(tm). The only difference being, they are not aware that they serve a big corporation that only pretends to be a religion to ensnare the dim witted and vulnerable.

They don't even call their mockery of the scriptures a 'Bible' on the cover of it. It's called a 'New World(tm) Translation(tm)' because it's just a fake to go along with their fake faith.

It's all just a massive scam!

• Vintage
    Vintage

Yes, Ray Franz' book enlightened me on that point. I went through a phase, ever so brief, where I still thought I shouldn't say anything against Watchtower. That "loyalty" to the organization was so beat into us. Sadly, some who are waking up seem to get stuck in the trap of never actually "turning on" Watchtower and denouncing it,... so they are still in a daze and not fully awake.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PUNKOFNICE:

Good point about their so-called ‘bible’! Yet the JWs who studied with me had the audacity to say their bible is ‘more accurate’ than any others. But, how are people who never really studied any bible to know any different? I was Catholic and only read a missal or catechism.

VINTAGE:

I know what you mean about that ‘loyalty’ that keeps JWs from examining their religion. It’s almost a superstition. Is it the name? Maybe. But, I have a problem believing the ‘True’ God would back something which has so many inaccuracies, failed prophecies and flip-flops.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Longy - had the audacity to say their bible is ‘more accurate’ than any others

Doesn't that just scream CULT!

Vintage - not viny the computer person - I went through a phase, ever so brief, where I still thought I shouldn't say anything against Watchtower.

Their indoctrination of fear really works.

• Vintage
    Vintage

No, I was talking about something else. I wasn't talking about fear of the organization nor of fear of examining the religion. I had begun waking up from Watchtower. Ray Franz' book took away the myth that the Governing Body was a group of righteous men who constantly examined the scriptures for every decision they made. It just wasn't true. Rather, they took votes to decide matters, following a long-time Watchtower proceedure, with seldom mentioning any scripture. Although I believed Ray Franz, I still had the idea (briefly, like for a month) that I should not speak disparagingly of Watchtower nor of the Governing Body. But very soon, all the injustice I had suffered at the hands of Watchtower, and all the deprivation I had accepted as my lot in life due to being a JW caused indignation to boil up inside of me. I shouldn't have been treated like that and neither should those who are still trapped inside of Watchtower. So I began to "say so" and to throw off my misguided loyalty to Watchtower.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I went to the Kingdom Hall today to listen to the Special Talk...something along the line of "Looking To The Future With Confidence". There was nada, zilch, nothing special about the talk. There was this repetitive mention of that 13th century invention of the word/name Jehovah...Jehovah...Jehovah! Nothing, no mention about our Lord & Savior the Messiah, the Christ, the Son of God, the Sacrificial Lamb...Jesus...not a word! I asked the visiting speaker: "Why no mention of Jesus in your talk?" His reply: "It wasn't in the outline!"

Yet, Jesus himself said @ John 17:3: "This means everlasting life their coming to know you the only true God and the one you sent forth...the Christ, Jesus."

According to the above quote from Jesus, himself, you'd think he'd get at least 50% mention in this talk...but seriously nothing! Aren't we in the memorial season of Jesus' sacrifice...what the hell?

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

We'll I'm saying my goodbyes then. Cause I'm not going to memorial. So by Wednesday I be dead or something worse gonna happen to me 😢 this is my last post. I wish you all a happy life and may you live long. This is my goodbye 🙂

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

" If willful disregard of the ancient Passover was punishable by death"

Is it talking about the first passover or the annual celebrations?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit