WARNING! If you DELIBERATELY avoid the JW memorial.....

by BoogerMan 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Hellothere - "Jesus death seems not to amount to much according to watchtower."

Jesus' death amounts to zero, according to the governing body's teachings!

Virtually every human who has ever lived, wiped out all of their sins via their own death - they didn't need Christ to die for them.

Watchtower May 15th 1982, pp. 8,9 - "The Bible explains that at death a person is set free or released from any sins he committed."

Bible Teach p. 214 par. 3 - "..the judgment will not focus on what people did before they died... Those resurrected thus come to life with a clean slate, so to speak."

If this doesn't merit being called "antichrist," then nothing dies!

• Ding
    Ding

If everyone were released from his or her sins at death, wouldn't that mean that all would be resurrected and make it into the millennial kingdom?

But that's not what the Watchtower teaches...

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

on March 29

More than a week early, that is further off schedule than usual! My calendar shows Passover on April 6, coinciding with the new moon.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Today is the 29th.

Wow. what will I miss?

Oh, I got it....an austere meeting place with fake solemnity. People shunning Christ by refusing the Chapatis and Robinson's Fruit Shoot that's gone over it's 'best before' date.

I imagine all the piousness on display.

the weird routine of the Chapati plate passers, passing the plates then having to sit down and have the plates passed to them. Absolutely nuts.

• Vintage
    Vintage

About 10 years ago, and before I woke up, I attended my last JW memorial. At one of the last memorials that I attended, the passing of the bread went as usual. As the bread approached me, I took the plate and pased it to the person at my right. Then came the prayer over the wine. As the wine approached me, I waited for it to arrived to me, readying myself to handle it very carefully as I would pass it to the person to my right. Secretly, I always liked being able to smell a whiff of the wine as it passed in front of me. But just as I was about to take the cup of wine from the person sitting to my left, the attendant swooped in and took the cup of wine from the person on my immediate left. He leaned back away from me holding the cup of wine and then handed it to the person who was sitting on my right. I was astonished. I didn't even get to smell the wine. And I felt insulted. What did they think that I was going to do? Grab it and guzzle the whole cup? Also, it is almost certain that a ministerial servant would not take it upon himself to do such a thing. It is most likely that the elders had given him the instruction ahead of time to do this.

I "woke up" about four years ago. A year after I woke up, I partook of the emblems for the first time. Also, I was so glad to learn that I would be a member of the bride of Christ, and would be reunited with my dear Grandmother who had always partaken of the emblems. Also my Grandfather had partaken of the emblems, but he had died when I was a little over a year old. All my life I'd been taught by Watchtower that I would live forever separated from my Grandparents. Especially over the permant loss of my Grandmother, I had cried out to Jehovah. How cruel are Watchtower's teachings!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Viny - just as I was about to take the cup of wine from the person sitting to my left, the attendant swooped in and took the cup of wine from the person on my immediate left. He leaned back away from me holding the cup of wine and then handed it to the person who was sitting on my right.

The absolute arrogance of that act is astonishing.

And they say that they are not 'masters of your faith'(tm). Absolute filth. But then, what do you expect from company men working for a big corporation that uses a fake religion as a front for money and power grabbing.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Thank you, punkofnice. It makes my day to return to the comment I posted last night and find your comment... and that you'd read my story. Only, I beg you,.. I"m not "Viny". "Viny" is the man who once sold me a computer. I'm Vintage, and I'm female. Can't you tell by my avatar? It looks exactly like me. I could use it as my passport photo.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    vintage...not computer viny -Can't you tell by my avatar? It looks exactly like me. I could use it as my passport photo.

I think I'd certainly recognise you if I saw you checking through Gatwick airport if that be the case.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

The last time I took my parents to the Memorial, it was the same old same old. As I did when I was a young kid, I stared at the clock for the entire meeting and was thrilled when it was over. I also doped myself up pretty good to allow me to sit in my seat and not leave. There's no way I could handle sitting there for an hour while sober.

• Vintage
    Vintage

I knew one missionary sister who would knit during meetings. She had somehow gotten a doctor to vouch for her that she needed to do this for "stress", and it was the story that she put out ...and that everyone repeated for her. Why didn't "I" do that? It would have made productive use of that miserably wasted time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit