Return To God, and He WIll Forgive You in a Large Way!

by AwakenedAndFree 270 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((( Dear Terri))))

Thanks for posting and for expressing your toughts/beliefs here !

I respect your beliefs.

Christian Love,

AAF

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((((Dear William Penwell))))),

You said:"

Another question, What has religion got to do with God? To be a spiritual person, to do good to others and belong to the human race is the most divine thing a person can do. I don't need a religion or some old book to tell me what to do.

Will"

Will, I respect your beliefs. As a Christian, I accept the Bible as is ; I accept Jehovah God as my God/Creator and I accept Jesus Christ as Being the Son of God and my Savior. JEREMIAH 9:24:" But let the one bragging about himself brag about this very thing, the having of insight and the having of knowledge of me that I am Jehovah, the One exercising loving-kindness justice and righteousness in the earth; for in these things I do take delight, is the utterance of Jehovah."NWT Christian Love, AAF

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

AAF:

True to form as a self-important bombast, you immediately use the fact you are an offensive apology for a follower of Christ - and thus attract criticism - to quote scriptures which underline how egotistical your supposed concern is.

It's about as convincing as supporters of racism who say their beliefs are supported in the Bible, using the same scriptures to claim that because they are opposed they are right. Hell, the Pharasees would use those scriptures today to defend themselves!

Yet more vanity and self-deception on your part. Being opposed doesn't automatically mean you are right; in fact, being opposed often means you are wrong. Take it from me, in this case you are wrong.

Please carry on with your unquestioning slack-jawed acceptance of scriptures where girls are raped by soldiers at god's behest. Please worship the writings of long dead bronze-age goatherds. Please drive all of the spirit from belief in your dry reinteration of scripture.

Strain the gnat, swallow the camel and good luck to you.

Maybe one day you will learn that, if there is a god, the puny and barberous imaginations of man have not even begun to encompass what god is. Until then, blaspheme by your uncritical acceptence of the writings of man passed off as god's words.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Maybe one day you will learn that, if there is a god, the puny and barberous imaginations of man have not even begun to encompass what god is. Until then, blaspheme by your uncritical acceptence of the writings of man passed off as god's words.

And I don't think I've ever heard it said any better....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Abbadon:

Way to go Abaddon. Nicely put, my good man

(LT, of the "Unapologetically Christian" class)

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Thanks Titania... it really bugs me; on one side of their mouth people will bleat about the importance of developing a 'Christian' conscience.

Then they try to defend a book which depicts god approving of little girls seeing their parents butchered in front of them before being carried off to a life of sexual servitude.

Yeah, like, if your god likes that sort of thing, he can ?uck off. If I had a god, he wouldn't allow that in HIS name.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Abaddon:

...on one side of their mouth people will bleat about the importance of developing a 'Christian' conscience...

Just as a point of note, I've only ever heard that kind of statement in a Kingdum Hall.
    I've yet to hear anything near approximating it in a church...

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Little Toe; the exact phrasing may well be Dubbie.

But the dichotomoy between the morality of the entity as can be discerned by actions attributed to it in the text, and any set of humane compasionate morals is so stark as to reduce one to disbelieving incomprehension when people try to claim the Bible is the unfaultable inspired word of god, which is done by many Biblical religionists.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sad, isn't it

"God 2.0", of the NT (esp. John) was far better
    I like Him

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I agree, very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit