Is Jesus Christ, Jehovah God? (Not the Father, but Equal to the Father)

by JW Answers 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Exelder - the point of public conversations on a religious forum is not to change the beliefs of your interlocutor. It is to show to the many silent observers who have left the cult that the dogma of evangelical christianity is as ridiculous as the Watchtower. It may save some a few wasted years looking for an alternative 'truth'.

Posting on a thread just to say that you are not interested in the thread is hardly helpful.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Cofty wrote: “Why can nobody describe the trinity succinctly in their own words? Could it be because all you will find in every one of those resources is pure sophistry?”

Well you claim that it is “polytheistic”. So apparently you think that you can describe it, (or part of it) just fine !

Cofty wrote: “I used to be a xtian Hooby. I read systematic theologies for fun.”

Really? , From which one did you learn that “Christianity is a polytheistic religion”?

Cofty wrote: “Why is it so impossible for you?”

What says that it’s impossible for me?

• cofty
    cofty
    Well you claim that it is “polytheistic”. So apparently you think that you can describe it, (or part of it) just fine !

My claim is that it is impossible to describe the trinity without contradicting yourself or resorting to esoteric language. Most attempts to do so end up in heresy.

It is my contention that christianity is in fact a polytheistic religion.

Cofty wrote: “I used to be a xtian Hooby. I read systematic theologies for fun.” Really? , From which one did you learn that “Christianity is polytheistic”?

None of them. Obviously.

Cofty wrote: “Why is it so impossible for you?” What says that it’s impossible for me?

Your inability to do so is obvious. This is becoming a public embarrassment to you Hooby. Please give it a rest unless you are willing to answer the question.

• Exelder
    Exelder

"It is to show to the many silent observers who have left the cult that the dogma of evangelical christianity is as ridiculous as the Watchtower. It may save some a few wasted years looking for an alternative 'truth'."

Cofty it will take them YEARS to plough their way through this thread LOL.

it is just like religous cerebral tennis. back and forth, back and forth

Neither of you will change your mind or be convinced by the others argument.

But you both seem to be enjoying yourselves so I will let you get on with it.

• hooberus
    hooberus

My claim is that it is impossible to describe the trinity without contradicting yourself or resorting to esoteric language. Most attempts to do so end up in heresy.

It is my contention that christianity is in fact a polytheistic religion.

Well since these are your claims and your contentions, then why don’t you demonstrate them by citing respected works of Trinitarians in context, and then carefully demonstrating your points? (Even better also deal with their responses to anti-trinitarian arguments - if you can).

Considerable time was already spent by myself on one of your claimed points here. It often takes more time to refute bad arguments than to make and assert them. I’m not obligated to spend my life responding to whatever you demand, or whatever arguments you assert.

• cofty
    cofty
    But you both seem to be enjoying yourselves - Exelder

There is nothing enjoyable about bumping heads with intellectually dishonest people.

I’m not obligated to spend my life responding to whatever you demand, or whatever arguments you assert - Hooby

Your inability to simply state the cornerstone of your faith is duly noted Hooby. You are just one more in a long list of such failures.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    1. Your inability to simply state the cornerstone of your faith is duly noted Hooby.

Your refusal to admit that your initial anti-trinitarian argument on this thread was dealt with, and your failure to substantiate your assertive claims regarding the Trinity doctrine are duly noted.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    There is nothing enjoyable about bumping heads with intellectually dishonest people.

True.

• cofty
    cofty

Hooby - I have nothing to substantiate.

I have made a claim that it is not possible to describe the trinity without contradiction, heresy or obscurantism.

It should take very little effort to prove me wrong.

• hooberus
    hooberus

“I have nothing to substantiate.

I have made a claim . . .”

That’s a good description of your posting on this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit