Is Jesus Christ, Jehovah God? (Not the Father, but Equal to the Father)

by JW Answers 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

Jesus was "fully" man in His incarnation, but He resurrected as a new creation. Believers will be a new creation at the resurrection too. Those alive at His second coming will be changed "in the twinkling of an eye". 1 Corinthians 15:52.

1 John 3:2 indicates that Jesus is no longer "man" like He was while on earth. What the glorified body is and how it functions isn't known.

• TD
    TD

1 John 3:2 indicates that Jesus is no longer "man" like He was while on earth. What the glorified body is and how it functions isn't known.

Although not a believer, that's my understanding of orthodoxy. St. Thomas Aquinas wrote extensively on the subject, if I'm not mistaken.

• cofty
    cofty

So he is fully human but he doesn't eat, drink, breathe, perspire, see, hear, smell, feel or defecate. But he is still FULLY human and FULLY God but also in subjection to his God and Father.

How dare any xtian criticise the foolishness of Watchtower doctrines!

• cofty
    cofty

So the challenge still stands.

Please describe the trinity succinctly in your own words, avoid esoteric language, without self-contradiction or heresy.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear cofty...

Jesus was fully man during His incarnation so there is no reason to believe that His body and how it worked was any different than ours.

The fully God "side" of Him would have to be His pre-existent consciousness born of perfect righteousness, justice, grace, truth and the three O's. The exact same "presence" He shared with the Father before He was born in the flesh.

The Holy Spirit (given at pentecost) is the Spirit of Christ. The Spirit of the RESURRECTED Jesus. (Living in eternity with the Father) The Spirit of Christ points to Jesus (the perfect man) as the Saviour because a man needs a man as a corresponding atonement. A "Spirit" simply can't provide atonement for flesh.

xo

• cofty
    cofty

Which is to ignore my questions - as usual

• myelaine
    myelaine

I didn't think the words consciousness and presence used in relation to God the Father were too esoteric for you to grasp, since you yourself share a similar "stream of unified mental constructs that arise spontaneously".

xo

John 1:32...God is omnipresent Spirit and it was His Holy Spirit that descended on Jesus, in the form of a dove, at His baptism. Not for Jesus' benefit but for the benefit of the witnesses of Jesus' baptism (since He has full possession of the Spirit of God already)

• cofty
    cofty

I understood what you wrote but you still haven't attempted to address the question.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Please restate the question you're referring to, cofty.

• cofty
    cofty

Please describe the trinity succinctly in your own words, avoid esoteric language, without self-contradiction or heresy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit