Awake #4/2016: Homosexuality

by Designer Stubble 174 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Lets have a look at basic search results from Pink News to see if this 'bias' is real

search results for ISIS - 872 results

search results for Trump - 420 results

search results for brexit - 14 results

I'm specifically concerned with PNs' reporting of and condemnation of treatment of gay people by ISIS and other extremists. Your search ignores this.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    is calling these acts brutal slaughters by Isis thugs more to your liking? - that's more like it. PN journalists are getting better.

Getting better? No, you just ignored the actual content of pink news that didn't fit with your preconceived ideas until I pointed it out to you.

That's not what I am talking about. I'd actually like Pink News to support the West's action against homophobic extremists.

If you want to read something supporting more death and destruction there are plenty of sites that cater to that sort of black and white thinking. Can I suggest you might like Katie Hopkins she is pretty light on facts and heavy on opinion.

• scotsman
    scotsman
    if we're honest, there's a "hierarchy of death" - well, there seems to be a hierarchy among the liberal Media: Western gay people are worth more than gay people from other areas.
    Originally, I cheekily asked if this was to do with racism but I don't think that is the case. But it's still to do with progressive politics and progressives' skewed view of the world.
    Weird, huh?

It's not weird, the West is racist.

But I'm really not clear what difference you think PN condemning Daesh atrocities in an opinion piece would make: will it stop them? Aren't the pictures chilling enough?

And why are you more interested in the coverage of Daesh atrocities than others?

• Caedes
    Caedes

I'm specifically concerned with PNs' reporting of and condemnation of treatment of gay people by ISIS and other extremists. Your search ignores this.

Not really, it tells you the priorities of the editorial team at that site. It tells you which of those stories they perceive as being important.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    The Watchtower stance is no different to the possibility where God says you must cast out heterosexuals as spiritually unclean. How many "strait" JWs would be prepared to abstain from sex or become homosexual just to please God or the JW org?
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's not weird, the West is racist - and all I suggested was that racism isn't confined to heterosexual people, but might exist among the West's LGBT communites.

it tells you the priorities of the editorial team at that site. It tells you which of those stories they perceive as being important - Pink News is a UK-based online newspaper marketed at the LGBT community. It no doubt is interested in discrimination against gay people and issues affecting them.

ISIS and other Islamic extremists commit just about the most homophobic atrocities at the moment. I'd have thought Pink News would have expressed outrage proportional to the atrocities committed. Not so, unfortunately.

Can I suggest you might like Katie Hopkins - why do you lower the tone by mentioning that name? Pathetic ...

• scotsman
    scotsman

LUHE

any answers to

I'm really not clear what difference you think PN condemning Daesh atrocities in an opinion piece would make: will it stop them? Aren't the pictures chilling enough?
    And why are you more interested in the coverage of Daesh atrocities than others?
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@scotsman - fair enough.

But I'm really not clear what difference you think PN condemning Daesh atrocities in an opinion piece would make: will it stop them? Aren't the pictures chilling enough? - expressing outrage won't stop them, but it's still important. It's good to express feelings, rather than bottle them up. Pink News staff must have feelings on these atrocities.

But, there is a way to stop extremists doing what they're doing. Military action sensibly planned and executed by a broad coalition degrades extremists' ability to hold areas of land, and eventually could wipe them out. Why isn't Pink News calling for/supporting this?

And why are you more interested in the coverage of Daesh atrocities than others? - simple really. Because Daish and other Islamic extremists commit the worst atrocities against gay people, hands down.

• scotsman
    scotsman
    If you think Daesh are the worst you need to read more widely.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Daish pushes gay people from tall buildings and stones them after they hit the ground, filming it. The only countries that still have the death penalty for homosexuality are some Islamic countries. Sadly, this is happening in the 21st century.

These scum are the lowest of the low.

If you know different, speak up ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit